Wasteland (Apple II, 5 1/4" Disk) Electronic Arts - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Civilization's Last Stand
Mutants. Again. Even more than there were last time: they seem to materialize out of the very grains of the radioactive desert sand. Venomous yellow eyes. The black gunmetal glint of Uzis as they close in for the kill. There's nowhere to run, and nothing to rely on but your MAC 17 machine gun. What a way to save the human race.
More real than your worst nightmare.
- Roam the deserts of the American Southwest. Neon lights alone never made Las Vegas glow like this.
- All your actions are permanent. If you blow up the library, don't expect to check out books later.
- Now swords. No spells. Pistols, rockets, submachine guns, laser weapons, and cunning are all the magic you need.
Strategy is Everything.
- A whole new dimension in tactical combat.
- Plan your attack. Split up your party any time and put your specialists to work.
- Burn the whole clip. Fire a short burst. Or do the job with just one shot. How lucky do you feel?
- Your characters gain real knowledge. Pick locks. Fire rockets. Disarm bombs. Decode messages. Learn survival skills that weren't in the Boy Scout manual.
- A cast of hundreds. Everyone wants to meet you: most of them in the worst possible way.
- Plenty of subplots. intricate puzzles, and graphic surprises await in the vast nightmare of a post-nuclear world.
Lots of Extras.
- Top-down views, like Deathlord. Close-up characters, like The Bard's Tale.
- Extra booklet details encounters with strange desert inhabitants.
- From the creators of The Bard's Tale series.
- An oasis? A mirage? Or a whole new world of trouble?
- In the old days, you wouldn't have been caught dead in a sewer. Today, you just might be.
- Why wait until you smell its breath? With your LAW rocket, you can mow down leather thugs at 50 feet.
- Rank has its privileges.