Wargame Construction Set (Atari 8-Bit, 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1986 USA, Canada Release
Wargame Construction Set
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Wargame|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
So, you want to design your own wargames? Well, here's your big chance!
Have ever dreamed of designing your own wargames, to draw your own battlemaps and create soldiers and scenarios that are limited only by your imagination? Now you can with Wargame Construction Set.
Simple or advanced? Tactical or strategic? Whatever you want, you get!
As the name implies, this unique simulation lets you design and play a nearly limitless number of wargames that are as simple or complex as you desire. Start by drawing your map; place roads, rivers, bridges, woods, buildings and mines in any arrangement and scale you like. You can fight four levels of combat, from up-close-and-personal man-to-man engagements to large scale strategic campaigns. Endow your fighting men and machines with different attributes such as unit type, weapon type and firepower, movement and strength points.
Past, present or future? Reality or Fantasy? It's your choice!
This refreshingly different game gives you the unique opportunity to create battles from any period of history, from Ancient wars with spears and catapults to modern conflicts using advanced missiles and tanks. You can even suspend reality and engage in sword and sorcery fantasy adventures or science fiction battles.
You don't want to design wargames, just play them? No problem!
If you don't want to make up your own scenarios, don't worry. We've provided eight ready-to-play games (five solitaire, three 2-player), all of which can be modified to suit your liking.
We can go on forever about the incredible flexibility, features and challenges this exciting game has to offer, but why read when you can play it and dictate for yourself!
- Use your catapults and other siege weapons to enter a medieval castle.
- Command the Union army as you flank the Confederates at Bull Run.
- Employ your helicopters and pontoon boats to cross a river against enemy fire.
- Or design your own game with the Editor, which allows you to set individual unit values for 14 different factors.
- Design your own scenario or play from one of 8 historical or science fiction scenarios.
- Build you own maps, choosing from 4 different scales with 15 terrain types in each.
- Solitaire and two-player games included.
- Learn how to use the editor by following the special tutorial included in the rules.
- 78 Icons depict friendly and enemy units.
- Movement and most design choices controlled by joystick.
Wargame Construction Set was designed by Roger Damon, who also designed SSI's Nam and Field of Fire.
- Playing time: 2 to 4 hours.
- Option to save game in progress.
Cheats or Easter Eggs
- 1986 Atari 8-Bit Entertainment
- 1986 Atari 8-Bit Simulation
- 1986 Atari 8-Bit Software
- 1986 Atari 8-Bit Wargame
- 1986 Entertainment
- 1986 Simulation
- 1986 Software
- 1986 Strategic Simulations, Inc.
- 1986 Wargame
- Atari 8-Bit Entertainment
- Atari 8-Bit Software
- Atari 8-Bit Simulation
- Atari 8-Bit Wargame
- Strategic Simulations, Inc.