War Eagles (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Cosmi - 1989 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator, World War I Flight Simulator|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
World War I Aerial Combat Simulator.
Created by Ron Paludan.
An early morning mist covered much of the battlefield as a pale, springtime sun rose in the eastern sky. A single Allied RE8 two-seater reconnaissance aircraft slowly circled the German positions below. Bursting from the clouds, the sun at its back, machine guns blazing, a bright red Fokker DR 1 Triplane took aim at point-blank range on the lumbering reconnaissance plane.
Now it's your turn!
Now, from the cockpit of your own fighter, you can test yourself against the greatest air aces of World War I. Challenge the "Red Baron" von Richtofen or go up against the "White Knight" Billy Bishop in a test of skill and daring, where the losers crash and burn!
Choose your own type of aircraft, from the sassy Sopwith Camel to the ominous Fokker Triplane. Learn the tactics and maneuvers that can spell the difference between glory and death!
No heat seeking missiles or distant targets here. This type of combat is "up close and personal." It's you versus "him", and he's very, very good!
- 3-D Digitized animation: No "dancing" polygon shaped objects in War Eagles. Each aerial object has been "digitized" from 37 different angles to provide added realism and authenticity.
- 10 Missions: Ten separate, distinct and constantly changing hazardous missions with varying speeds and skill levels from which to choose.
- Multiple views: View forward, back or to either side, as well as follow your own action from a chase plane at close, medium or far range.
- Scoring: Pilot rosters are maintained and updated with top "aces" listed, as well as medals and decorations awarded.
- Realistic action: Individual aircraft performance authenticity reproduces actual flying conditions, and realistic wartime circumstances are maintained.
PC MS-DOS 2.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Included in the Following Collection(s)
- Triple Gold (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Cosmi - 1992 USA, Canada Release
- Triple Gold (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Cosmi - 1992 USA, Canada Release