Tank Commander (PC, CD-ROM) Domark Inc. (788687154017) - 1995 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Blast your friends to pieces.
In the real world of armored warfare, a tank commander's split-second decisions can make the difference between life and death. This exciting multi-player simulation is no different: All the action happens in real time! Unlike other strategy games, there are no turns- only furious, lifelike combat. It's fast, fun and easy to start playing. But it's so addictive, you won't be able to stop.
Command a platoon of the deadliest machines in modern warfare including the T-72, M1 Abrams Leopard and Challenger. Order airstrikes by your squadrons of A-IO Warthogs or Gazelle and Apache gunships. Embark on dozens of missions around the world, from broiling deserts and frigid arctic tundra to crowded cities and dense jungles. Difficulty levels increase as you progress through the game. Full motion video makes you feel like you're really there in the middle of the action! Play solo against the computer. Go head-to-head against a friend over a modem. For the ultimate combat experience, get on an IPX-protocol network and battle to the death against up to three other players!
- Tank Commander features multiple view, including from the turret, where you stare eyeball-to-eyeball with a nasty T-72!
- For multiplayer action, use a modem to play against a buddy, or better yet, get on a network and challenge as many as three other players!
- A simple keystroke puts you behind the yoke of any three tanks in your armored unit, so you can watch the action from different positions.
- Tank Commander is a multi-vehicle combat simulation that includes tanks, Gazelle and Apache helicopters, A-10 Warthogs- and even submarines!
- The game includes over 40 challenging missions and will test your skill and courage against airborne enemy craft like the Apache gunship.
- Stunning texture-mapped graphics enhance the realism and intensity of battle, as does the inclusion of several landmarks such as Stonehenge.
- If war is hell, then it can be a very cold hell: Missions can take you to nontraditional battlegrounds such as a conflict in the arctic tundra.
- As commander, call in your own squadron of tank-busting A-10 Warthogs to thwart enemy advances in desert-based missions.
PC MS-DOS 6.0
|Supported Network||Modem 2 Player (9,600k bps or faster)|
IPX/SPX 4 Player