Star Fleet I (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Interstel Corporation - 1986 USA, Canada Release
Star Fleet I
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Star Fleet I "The War Begins" Version 2.1 by Trevor Sorensen.
You have completed your training at the Academy. Now is the time to see if those long hours pay off as you accept command of one of the most powerful fighting ships in the known universe- the Invincible class heavy cruiser. Your mission: protect the outer regions of the Alliance from the invading warships of the Krellan and Zaldron empires. You emerge from hyperspace in the Deneb IV region, confident of success- to find yourself surrounded by Krellan destroyers!
Widely acclaimed, Star Fleet I is the first in a series of Star Fleet space strategy games. As the commander of one of 36 galactic heavy cruisers, you control 13 ship systems and are responsible for the lives of 500 crew members while you aggressively eliminate the enemy. Rescuing starbases, capturing and towing enemy vessels, laying mine fields, searching for intruders and repairing damaged systems are all part of a successful battle plan.
You have at your fingertips the use of nearly two dozen starship commands including: phasers, torpedos, shields, transporters, mines, tractor beams, navigation, long-range probes, damage control, internal security, computers, and more. You are automatically given more challenging missions as your command abilities improve, and are awarded decorations for outstanding service as a Starship Commander.
Star Fleet I features:
- Full color battle action.
- Enemy tactical and strategic movement.
- Thirteen starship systems simulated.
- More than 20 commands available.
- Sophisticated weapons fire control systems- auto/manual.
- Damage control for repairing starship systems.
- Tractor beam, transporters and space marines for capturing and towing enemy vessels.
- Internal starship security to protect vital systems and deal with enemy intruders.
- Choice of 36 starships for command assignments.
- Four independent defensive energy shields.
- Save/resume feature for saving games in progress.
- Special awards and Star Fleet promotions.
Star Fleet games are action-packed starship simulations that require high-level strategy to defeat an intelligent enemy. They feature color battle action, sound effects and music. Ship movements and torpedo tracks are displayed on the Tactical Display, and you can see and hear (and some claim even "feel") the explosions that occur when one of your weapons strikes home!
The Star Fleet I package includes:
- Comprehensive 100-page Officers Manual.
- Quick Reference Command Card.