Sim Golf (PC, CD-ROM) Maxis - 1996 USA, Canada Release
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Sports, Golf|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Complete on courses you create.
Includes two award-winning courses:
- The Prince Course, with a complete interactive tour, and
- Rancho La Quinta.
Finally, a golf course designed just for you. That's because it's designed by you- using your SimGolf Course Architect. Play your own masterpieces- or the two built-in gems by expert designed Robert Trent Jones, Jr. And sample another stroke of genius. It's the MouseSwing, a revolutionary interface that feels more like the real thing- and more like your real swing. And once you've mastered the perfect swing, you can show it off on the world's biggest public course, the Internet.
- Modify SimGolf's courses or create dozens of new ones- as tame or tough as you like- with the powerful Course Architect.
- The breakthrough MouseSwing interface lets you use the mouse to hit the ball for greater control of your swing. (The traditional "power bar" option is also available.)
- Play two award-winning courses by master golf architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr.: Rancho La Quinta and The Prince Course.
- Play a virtual foursome with real opponents in real time over the Internet or your LAN.
- Scout out each course before you tee off with the 3-D course walk-through. And see your shots from six views- top, fly-by, landing, pin, profile, and instant replay.
- Renowned golf architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. gives you video tips on course design and strategic shotmaking.
- Create new courses with the full-featured Course Architect. Make your course flat or hilly; plant holes and hazards, and it's tee time.
- Design the course of your dreams- or nightmares. Raise or lower terrain; add trees, traps, lakes and other natural hazards.
- The MouseSwing leaves the driving- and the chipping and putting- to you.
- Tee off for high-stakes skins, stroke, or match play; or play a practice round.
Create and play your own world tour of courses.
You've got a lifetime membership at the world's most unique course. After all, you built them. SimGolf, with the comprehensive Course Architect, lets you design and play your own custom courses. And you not only control the terrain- you also control your swing as never before, with the breakthrough MouseSwing interface. You can even round up a foursome over your LAN, or with the ultimate public course: the Internet. With the live message feature, you'll enjoy all the jibes and jabs of a real day at the course.
- Stroll the greens with SimGolf's 3-D walk-through, and see each hole from every angle.
Tame the world's most challenging course. Yours.
Now you've got the ultimate power tool in your golf bag: the SimGolf Course Architect, a full-featured course design editor. Devise wicked doglegs. Surround your 18th green with more sand than the Sahara. Or just add water.
- The Course Architect gives you total control. Raise or lower terrain. Place, move, and resize objects- including tees, greens, holes, bunkers, hazards, trees and more.
- Use the Course Architect to create an easy, relaxing course- or one that tests your golfing skills. It's up to you.
Play two classic courses by Robert Trent Jones, Jr.
Rancho La Quinta
Host to golfing legends at The Skins Game, this award-winning course offers 7,068 challenging yards sheltered by the Santa Rosa Mountains.
- The desert topography of Rancho La Quinta will test every club in your bag. Strategically-placed bunkers, citrus groves and sloping greens require careful shots.
Princeville Resort, Kauai
Pack your bags for a golfer's paradise: the gorgeous tropical landscape of Kauai, Hawaii. The Prince Course has won a clubhouse full of "Best Course" awards, including Golf Digest's "America's 500 Best Places You Can Play," January 1996 issue.
- Overlooking the Pacific, The Prince Course features awe-inspiring scenery- and golfing challenges.
Closer to the real thing. Closer to your real swing.
Call it computer golf's answer to titanium clubs: SimGolf's revolutionary MouseSwing interface gives you more control on every shot. Just slide the mouse to blast a power drive or finesse a delicate chip to the green. The standard "power bar" option is also available for computer golf traditionalists.
- Get hooked on the MouseSwing: create slices and hooks, fades and draws, top and bottom spin and more!
- Slide the mouse back for backswing...
- and forward for impact.
Learn from the master.
You've got a well-placed sponsor in the exclusive SimGolf club: legendary golf course designer Robert Trent Jones, Jr. He's been called "the Frank Lloyd Wright of golf course architects." Jones has designed more than 170 courses worldwide- including many considered to be among the best modern courses built in the U.S.
- Through video clips, Robert Trent Jones, Jr. will advise you on the art of course design- and how to read a course to lower your score.
PC Windows 95
|Required CD Speed||2X|
|Supported Video||SVGA 256 Color|
|Supported Network||Internet 4 Player|
IPX/SPX 4 Player
TCP/IP 4 Player