Saved! (Atari ST, 3 1/2" Disk) MichTron - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Utilities, Disk Utilities, File Maintenance|
|Recommended age(s)||Ages 6 and Up|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A package designed to rescue the user from needless loss of time and important information.
Saved! is a utility package with something for every ST user. The main part of Saved! is a desk accessory which permits deleting, renaming, and copying files, getting information about a file or disk, formatting or copying disks, and printing text files. Since Saved! is a desk accessory, you're able to perform these vital functions any time you are in a GEM based program, not just from the Desktop. Saved! also provides Desktop features which are not normally available from a GEM program.
Suppose after hours of work, your word processor returns a Disk Full error message. What do you do? Just select Saved!, choose some files to delete (or format a new disk) and keep working.
Also included in this amazing set of utilities:
- Trackbuf, can actually double the speed of reading from a floppy disk.
- A reset proof RAM Disk which can load user determined files at start up.
- The printer spooler program prevents the annoying wait while printing. You can edit, or even open a new file while your printer produces hard copy.
- Page, a powerful test file paginator with every option you're likely to need. Now you can avoid files which print over the folds on your continuous paper without loading your text files into a word processor.
- Ever move a file to the trash can, then just as you click on OK discover that it isn't the file you really wanted to delete? It happens to every computer user sooner or later. Undel will recover most files which have been accidentally deleted.
- Finally, use Keeptime to ensure that your ST always knows the correct time and date. Make sure your files always have the correct date and time stamp. Even after you press the Reset button, your ST will remember the correct time. The only way your ST will forget the time is when you turn off your computer.
Get Saved! and you'll never find yourself adrift at your computer again!