Road To Ancient Rome (PC and Mac, CD-ROM) Thomas S. Klise Company - 1996 USA, Canada Release
Road To Ancient Rome
|Platform(s)||PC and Mac|
|Publisher(s)||Thomas S. Klise Company|
|Category(s)||Reference, Historical Reference, European History|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
- Full-color multimedia presentations.
- Comprehensive glossary to define terms.
- Numerous games and fun activities.
- Full soundtrack.
- Sidebars to provide additional subject information.
- Captivating visuals.
- Activities to reinforce lessons.
- Ability to print and save.
A history of Ancient Rome.
In fewer than 500 years, the Roman Republic grew from a small village on the Tiber to the mightiest empire in the world. This colorful, four-part chronology traces Roman history from Romulus to the fall of the Republic, with a look at such figures as Julius Caesar, Pompey, Mark Antony, and Augustus.
From the Roman Empire to the Renaissance.
Under the rule of Augustus Caesar, the Roman Empire was a strong and efficient power. Marble monuments and beautiful prose proclaimed the glory of imperial Rome. The peaceful times, however, would not last. Seven comprehensive stories chronicle the discord and the eventual destruction of the Roman Empire.
The name "Rome" today conjures up images of a cosmopolitan city in Italy. But almost 3,000 years ago, Rome was more than just a city... it was the center of Western Civilization. The Thomas S. Klise Company CD-ROM program, The Road to Ancient Rome, uses colorful and captivating artwork- combined with a strong and interesting narrative- to show life in Rome through the eyes of the ancient Romans. Users can learn about the emperors and politics, art and architecture, philosophy, and popular culture of this fascinating land. The program also features ancillary activities: anagrams, puzzles, educational games, and projects, all related to the subject of Ancient Rome.
PC Windows 3.1
|Required CD Speed||MPC|
|Supported Video||VGA 256 Color|
Mac System 6.0.7
|Required CPU||Mac LC 575|
|Supported Video||13" 256 Color|
Cheats or Easter Eggs
- 1996 Apple Macintosh Software
- 1996 European History
- 1996 Historical Reference
- 1996 Mac European History
- 1996 Mac Historical Reference
- 1996 Mac Reference
- 1996 PC Software
- 1996 Reference
- 1996 Software
- 1996 Thomas S. Klise Company
- 1996 Windows 3.x European History
- 1996 Windows 3.x Historical Reference
- 1996 Windows 3.x Reference
- 1996 Windows 3.x Software
- European History
- Historical Reference
- Mac European History
- Mac Historical Reference
- Mac Reference
- Apple Macintosh Software
- PC Software
- Thomas S. Klise Company
- Windows 3.x European History
- Windows 3.x Historical Reference
- Windows 3.x Reference
- Windows 3.x Software