Residents' Gingerbread Man (Mac, CD-ROM) Ion - 1995 USA, Canada Release
Residents' Gingerbread Man
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Musical Entertainment|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
An interactive musical study of nine characters.
What is it? Gingerbread Man is something that has never existed before. Most CDs are music albums, but The Residents Gingerbread Man is not that, even though it contains a complete CD of music that will play in your audio CD player. There are other CDs called CD-ROMs that are more like sophisticated (and not-so sophisticated) computer games, but Gingerbread Man is not one of those either, even though it is a lot of fun to play. It is a totally new entertainment medium and could be thought of as an album length interactive music video. Of course, it's a CD and not a video (how can you have a video without tape?) and hardly anyone knows what interactive means, but until some journalist concocts a stupid term like "medio" or "interactum," or maybe even something really clever like "rock n' rom," we'll just call it the new Resident's Album. You can call it whatever you like.
The Residents' Gingerbread Man- (Tracks 2-11)
2. The Weaver: The fool and the death-maker die alone.
3. The Dying Oilman: Blinded by the hostages of fortune.
4. The Confused Transsexual: Stamen and pistillate together again.
5. The Sold-Out Artists: Black are the legs inside the white sepulcher.
6. The Ascetic: Shadows doubt the strength of the sun.
7. The Old Soldier: Safety sells, but war always wins.
8. The Aging Musician: Narcissus knows no one naked.
9. The Butcher: The flesh of animals angers anew... and moos.
10. The Old Woman: Kissless are the isolated, rootless are their tongues.
11. Ginger's Lament.
Written, directed, and composed by The Residents. Produced by Ion.
Mac System 7.1
|Required CPU||Mac LC III|
|Req. Hard Drive||1MB Free|
|Required CD Speed||2X|
|Supported Video||13" 256 Color|
13" Thousands Of Colors