Red Storm Rising (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Microprose - 1988 USA, Canada Release
Red Storm Rising
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The gripping computer simulation based on the #1 best-selling book by Tom Clancy.
"Red Storm Rising is a master achievement, perhaps the finest entertainment software of [the year]." (Compute's Gazette)
Tom Clancy, the master of military fiction, and MicroProse, the masters of realistic personal computer entertainment, join forces for the most challenging military simulation ever! Drawn from the pages of Clancy's 3-million-plus copy bestseller, Red Storm Rising recreates the action, adventure and high-stakes tension of Clancy's vision of World War III, and brings that excitement to your personal computer! Tackling the Russian bear has never been so much fun!
Red Storm Rising makes you an American nuclear attack submarine commander during World War III, charged with keeping the North Atlantic clear of Warsaw Pact forces, so that supplies and reinforcements can reach the European mainland. There's no time for mistakes. Every encounter requires an intimate knowledge of your ship; every battle pushes your patience, determination and fighting spirit to the limit. Red Storm Rising is an underwater chess game so challenging, and so much fun, that only MicroProse could create it!
- Four different levels of challenge and excitement- from introductory to ultimate!
- All weaponry, defense and tracking systems reflect actual technology, and all enemies act intelligently and resourcefully- especially at higher levels!
- An exciting opening sequence shows actual scenes from the Tom Clancy book to set the stage for your campaign.
- Red Storm Rising will continually challenge, excite and entertain the most sophisticated computer of them all: your mind!
"If you have any interest in military simulations or in Tom Clancy's books, don't miss this one." (Compute! Magazine)
"The realistic wargaming environment, combined with the wide variety of scenarios and play options, make Red Storm Rising the best military simulation to be released… since Gunship." (Run Magazine)
- A strategic map of Western Europe shows how your successes affect the NATO effort to repel the Warsaw Pact!
- 11 Different scenarios, including a full, Red Storm Rising World War III campaign!
- Five types of radar and sonar devices for tracking and firing on Soviet ships and subs!
- Five different U.S. sub classes, 37 different Soviet warship classes!
PC MS-DOS 3.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Included in the Following Collection(s)