Reading Blaster (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Davidson - 1994 USA, Canada Release
|Media||1.44MB 3.5" Disk|
|Category(s)||Education, Language, English, English Reading|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Invasion of the Word Snatchers
Blasternaut and his friends have finally arrived in the world of words! Reading Blaster: Invasion of the Word Snatchers brings all the learning and fun that made Math Blaster the world's best-selling math program into an exciting new reading adventure game. Now, children will learn to read and understand over 1,000 words as they join Blasternaut and his crew in a battle against Illitera, the infamous intergalactic word thief.
During five exciting activities, kids learn to:
- Read over 1,000 key words and build vocabulary.
- Distinguish between antonyms and synonyms.
- Read and follow instructions.
- Spell correctly.
- Understand connector words (such as and, then).
- Identify order of actions (such as first, next, after)
- Apply logic and critical-thinking skills to reading.
- Features favorites characters from award-winning Blaster series.
- Two ways to play: five action-packed activities can be played individually or as an integrated mission.
- Multimedia adventure includes dazzling graphics, animation and sound effects.
- Talking interface guides young readers through word games.
- Three levels of difficulty.
- Printable record keeping.
- On-line tips for parents.
- Printable character cards.
Illitera, the intergalactic word thief, has stolen every word on Earth and sped off in her spaceship. In Word Zapper, you'll help Blasternaut capture the letters that complete the word- before Illitera's fuel suckers stop him.
You're on board Illitera's ship! Alphabetize your way out of the Plate Patrol and decide if aliens that get in yur way are friends or foes!
In Tank Release, Blasternaut needs three helpers to reach the switch that will return the words to Earth. Choose instructions in the correct order.
Hot on Illitera's trail in Splatterpod, Blasternaut needs your help to identify the correct antonyms and synonyms.
In Sequence Shocker, help Blasternauts capture Illitera by carrying out the written instructions that will deactivate her force field.
PC Windows 3.1
|Req. Hard Drive||9MB Free|
|Required CD Speed||2X|
SVGA 256 Color