Pirates! (Apple IIGS, 3 1/2" Disk) Microprose - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The year is 1671. After a lifetime of building your fortune on countless expeditions across the Spanish Main, the crown jewel lies before you: Panama... the largest and richest city in the New World! Today, you will risk all of your wealth and prestige in a bold effort to seize your rightful place in history. Nestled out of sight in nearby coastal waters is a fleet of captured pirate raiders awaiting your order to attack. At your side, hundreds of brave buccaneers. All is ready. Soon the fabled treasures of the Spanish Empire shall be yours!
...And so the story continues to unfold against a backdrop of history, adventure and intrigue. You are cast in the leading role as a privateer captain, criss-crossing the Spanish Main, slipping into ports as needs or opportunities require, but always relishing your return to the freedom of the open seas!
Pirates! is a unique blend of your favorite software gaming features all in one package. It weaves together the excitement of arcade-style action, the challenge of simulation decision-making, and the interactive storyline of a text adventure. And in the standard of all Microprose software, Pirates! is designed to provide you with hundreds of hours of stimulating gameplay!
Pirates! features include:
- Action... Ship battles, land conquests, fencing and sailing.
- Strategy... Plundering, trading, negotiating and forging alliances.
- Goals... Treasures, romance, status, power and prestige.
- New Experiences... Explore across a map of the entire Caribbean.
- Extensive Graphics... Over 70 different scenes and pictures.
- Excitement... Triumphs and tragedies, victories and defeats.
|Required CPU||Apple IIGS|