North American Birds (PC, CD-ROM) Houghton Mifflin Interactive - 1995 USA, Canada Release
North American Birds
|Publisher(s)||Houghton Mifflin Interactive|
|Label||Peterson Multimedia Guides|
|Category(s)||Reference, Nature Reference, Animals Reference, Birds Reference|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
See, hear, and identify the birds of North America with world-renowned birding authority, Roger Tory Peterson. "In this century, no one has done more to promote an interest in living creatures than Roger Tory Peterson, the inventor of the modern field guide." - Paul Erlich, The Birder's Handbook.
Over 60 years ago, Roger Tory Peterson created the first field guide to the birds. Now comes this amazing new program, the first of the Peterson Multimedia Guides, a revolutionary breakthrough for birders. The program provides a comprehensive database of nearly 1,000 North American bird species, and includes not only the authoritative text and detailed artwork of Peterson's field guides but bird songs, photographs, range maps, and much more. An essential research and learning tool for novice and expert birder alike, Peterson Multimedia Guides: North American Birds sets a new standard in multimedia nature reference products.
- Comprehensive coverage of the nearly 1,000 North American bird species.
- Over 700 stunning bird photographs and over 700 bird songs and calls.
- Video tutorial on how to identify birds with Roger Tory Peterson.
- Visual Category Guide includes full text and artwork of the Peterson Field Guides to Birds Eastern and Western.
- With the powerful Bird Finder search tool, identify individual birds or groups of birds based on clues such as color, size, region, and habitat.
- Test and improve your knowledge of birds with Skill Builder.
- Store all your bird sightings with the Lifelist tool.
- Also includes Glossary, information on Birding Resources, and much more.
Visual menus allow you to navigate easily through bird families and species.
Detailed information on individual birds provided at every species screen, plus you can hear the bird sing simply by clicking on the Voice button.
In addition to Roger Tory Peterson's precision artwork, see stunning photographs of nearly 700 species in their natural habitats.
PC Windows 3.1
|Req. Hard Drive||10MB Free|
|Required CD Speed||2X|
Cheats or Easter Eggs
- 1995 Animals Reference
- 1995 Birds Reference
- 1995 Houghton Mifflin Interactive
- 1995 Nature Reference
- 1995 PC Software
- 1995 Peterson Multimedia Guides
- 1995 Reference
- 1995 Software
- 1995 Windows 3.x Animals Reference
- 1995 Windows 3.x Birds Reference
- 1995 Windows 3.x Nature Reference
- 1995 Windows 3.x Reference
- 1995 Windows 3.x Software
- Animals Reference
- Birds Reference
- Houghton Mifflin Interactive
- Nature Reference
- PC Software
- Peterson Multimedia Guides
- Windows 3.x Animals Reference
- Windows 3.x Birds Reference
- Windows 3.x Nature Reference
- Windows 3.x Reference
- Windows 3.x Software