Microsoft Cinemania (PC, CD-ROM) Microsoft - 1992 USA, Canada Release
|Category(s)||Reference, Entertainment Reference, Movie Reference|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Interactive movie guide.
Explore the magic behind the movies! From contemporary to classic films, Cinemania is the fast, fun way to see it all- the reviews and biographies, the faces and voices, the inside stories. For every movie lover, it's an incredible new view of the movies.
Cinemania lets you explore photos from hundreds of unforgettable scenes and hear nearly 100 of the most famous lines in movie history.
Want to see the titles of every film Bogart ever worked on? Just click the "remote control" buttons to browse his filmography or biography. Then click on the movie titles in the filmography to instantly see their reviews.
Instantly find capsule summaries from the complete text of Leonard Maltin's Movie and Video Guide 1992. You also get thousands of entries from essential works such as The Motion Picture Guide and The Encyclopedia of Film. And regular updates can keep your listings current.
Quickly find the film titles you want by just clicking the buttons of the simple on-screen "remote control." Use it to see reviews of specific films, to help search your favorite film categories for movies you haven't seen, to find background on actors and directors, and even to view the complete Academy Awards list.
- Quickly select movies to suit your mood, from high art to high adventure to high camp, by checking over 19,000 capsule reviews from Leonard Maltin's Movie and Video Guide 1992.
- Gain insight into some of the best films ever made through in-depth reviews of 500 selected classic and 245 recent films.
- Don't forget the movie gems you find- print lists of your latest discoveries before you head to the video store.
- Follow the lives and careers of nearly 3,000 movie personalities- stars, major and minor, key people behind the scenes, and even those character actors whose names you can never quite remember.
- Take a good look at famous scenes or call up portraits of the faces that populate them, browsing more than 1,000 photos.
- Find the titles your looking for, even when you know very little about them- you can search by a genre, actor, director, release date, star rating, Academy Award, and MPAA rating.
- To polish your reputation as a film buff, browse fascinating, informative articles on filmaking, film history, great directors and actors, and more.
- Learn the language of movie makers, movie critics, and movie lovers- the extensive glossary explains "second unit," "best boy," "post-production," "film noir," "cinema verite," and hundreds of other terms.
PC Windows 3.1
|Misc Support||Headphones or speakers|