LucasArts Air Combat Classics (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) LucasArts Entertainment - 1994 USA, Canada Release
LucasArts Air Combat Classics
|Media||1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator, World War II Flight Simulator|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
3 Award Winning Flight Sims and 5 Mission Scenarios- A $199.95 Value!
LucasArts Entertainment Company is pleased to present the Air Combat Classics collection- three best-selling, award-winning World War II air combat simulations plus four advanced tours of duty and a mission-packed add-on, all in one explosive package. Fly any side- American or British versus German or Japanese in hundreds of heart-pounding missions where your success or failure determines the outcome of the war. This collection of historical flight simulations comes with a comprehensive manual loaded with hints, tips and battle strategies. Whether you're a beginner pilot or a seasoned ace. you'll enjoy this compilation of the finest classic sims.
Fly authentic Japanese Zekes, Katesand Vals against American Dauntless, Wildcats and Avengers, in four critical naval air battles that turned the tide of World Was II in the Pacific.
- Air combat from both the American and Japanese perspective
- Historically accurate Pacific battles and strategies
- Six detailed bitmapped planes in high resolution
- In-flight camera feature to record your best missions
- Action Game of the Year (1989) - Computer Gaming World
- Program of the Year (1989) - Computer Entertainer
Their Finest Hour:The Battle of Britain
After humbling all of Europe, the dreaded Third Reich planned to bring Great Britain to its knees. Pilot British Spitfires and Hurricanes against the Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt fighters or Stuka, Dornier and Heinkel bombers. Or climb inthe German cockpits to dogfight against the gallant pilots of the RAF.
- Authentically detailed campaigns and white-knuckle missions
- Strategic issues and elements of the entire air confrontation
- Unique mission-builder to create your own original missions
- Bonus: Includes "Their Finest Missions," an add-on packed with new missions for extended gameplay!
- Action Game of the Year(1990) "Their Finest Hour is compiling the highest reader rating of any game in our history. Their Finest Hour is heading for computer greatness." - Computer Gaming World
- Best Thinking Man's Game (1990) - Forbes Magazine
- PC Award of Excellence (1990) - Game Player's PC Strategy Guide
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
In the final months, Nazi scientists unleashed strange and powerful aerial weapons in a last, desperate attempt to win the war. Fly the hot twin-jet Me 262, the rocket powered Me 163 Komet, the eerie Go 229 flying wing, or one of the front-line fighters, the Me 109 and FW 190. Or as an American, attack ground targets in three of the most legendary warplanes ever to see combat: the P-51 Mustang, the P-47 Thunderbolt, and the B-17 Flying Fortress.
- Interactive graphics where windshields burst from bullet holes, engines smoke and burn, searing explosions send debris hurling past your cockpit
- Advanced flight control mode for more sophisticated maneuvers
- Direct a campaign battle and have a chance to change World War II history
- Bonus: Four advanced tours of duty with four new planes continues the thrill as you re-enter the heat of the battle with a host of new missions!
- Critic's Choice Award (1991) - Software Publisher's Association
- Best Pick of 1991 - PC Magazine
- Best Simulation of the Year (1991) - Computer Game Review
PC MS-DOS 3.0
|Required CPU||AT 286|
|Req. Hard Drive||Yes|
Battlehawks 1942 does not have sound card support