Lords Of Magic (PC, CD-ROM) Sierra - 1997 USA, Canada Release
Lords Of Magic
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Unleash the power of magic in an epic quest against the forces of evil.
From the company that brought you Lords of the Realm II.
The enchanting successor to the groundbreaking Lords of the Realm series.
When the evil sorcerer Balkoth threatens the peaceful people of Vrak with death and destruction, brave heroes with magical powers must rise up to stop the reign of terror and defeat the forces of tyranny, wielding the forces of magic through spells and artifacts of power, you explore, develop, and manage resources while forming alliances and advancing your status and fame. Choose your character- be it wizard, warrior or thief- court your allies, and study the lost arts of magic. Then stock your treasury and join forces with other champions of good to overthrow Balkoth and his evil collaborators.
- 8 Strongholds to conquer, each fiercely protected by a unique race.
- Combat creatures from skeletons to dragons and up to 80 others using fantastic spells, artifacts, and weapons.
- 3-D Game map with 16-bit SVGA graphics and a powerful map editor puts you in control of terrain, topography, and texture.
- Choose from 24 different characters to represent you in your epic quest.
- Each champion has a unique portrait, characteristics, and abilities that increase with experience.
- Confront Balkoth as a lone warrior or ally yourself with up to 4 players via LAN or Internet. Even choose to battle all others as the Dark Lord himself.
Enter a mystical, magical world of fantasy and fury.
The company that brought you Lords of the Realm II has created the ultimate combination of fantasy, strategy and combat with Lords of Magic. Building on the dramatic features that made that series a breakthrough in strategy gaming, Lords of Magic integrates turn-based exploration and resource management with real-time, tactical combat.
Become immersed in a rich fantasy world filled with elves, dragons, gnomes, and gargoyles. These and other mystical races are poised for battle against the evil lord Balkoth, who has joined with the Barbarians to spread destruction across the land.
Under your command are up to 80 fantastical creatures, a teeming conglomeration of elves, vampires, skeletons, and fire-breathing dragons ready to help you fight the ultimate battle against the evil Balkoth.
"Grind elements of Master Of Magic, Heroes of Might & Magic, and Lords of the Realm into the game design crucible. Sprinkle the mix with beautiful SVGA graphics and an eerie soundtrack. Add murky elements of narrative and role-playing that provide a rich purlieu to the gameplay. Then, drink deeply from a most mesmerizing hybrid that looks to be greater than the sum of its parts." - Johnny Wilson, Editor-in-Chief, Computer Gaming World.
"With its captivating graphics, creative gameplay, and intuitive refinements, Lords of Magic should capture the hearts and minds of RPG and strategy game aficionados." - Gamecenter.
- Deep inside your wizard tower sorcerers practice their secret arts to conjure magical creatures and train new acolytes.
- Select one of eight cities to be the center of your empire.
- As you explore the land or Vrak, you'll battle in dark and mysterious caves, castles, and dungeons.
- In your library, wizards will research spells to overpower your enemies.
- When you confront the enemy forces of Balkoth, "zoom in" to real-time combat.
PC Windows 95
|Required CPU||Pentium 100|
|Req. Hard Drive||135MB Free|
|Required CD Speed||4X|
|Recommend CD Speed||12X|
|Supported Video||SVGA Hi-Color|
|Supported Network||Modem 2 Player (28,800k bps or faster)|
IPX/SPX 4 Player
Internet 4 Player