Links Championship Course Mauna Kea (PC, CD-ROM) Access Software - 1995 USA, Canada Release
Links Championship Course Mauna Kea
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Sports, Golf|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The Mauna Kea course is one of the most dramatic and challenging ever designed by noted architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Built in 1964 on a 5,000 year old lava flow from Mauna Kea (mountain), the piece de resistance is the magnificent third hole, which is one of the most challenging and most photographed over-the-water shots in the world. This renowned par-3 features an opening drive over a surging Pacific inlet.
To build this rugged beauty, rolling over 170 acres of gently sloping terrain, Jones had to clear away tough indigenous vegetation. Then, using crushed lava and coral reclaimed from the area, Jones developed fairways and greens that resemble a lush carpet, studded by flowers and trees amidst a volcanic desert.
Mauna Kea is not only Hawaii's top rated golf course, it is ranked among "America's 100 Greatest" by Golf Digest and has received the coveted "Gold Medal" award as one of the 12 "Best Golf Resorts In America," from Golf Magazine.
Photographed in late spring by Access' Links design team, this digitized version of world-renown Mauna Kea captures the stunning beauty of Hawaii's flora and fauna in their full bloom and most vibrant colors.
- Simulated aerial flybys (Playable only with Links386 CD.)
- The new aerial flyby feature gives you a bird's eye view of each hole and helpful commentary.
- The course file on this CD is fully compatible with Links, Links386 Pro, Microsoft Golf Version 2.0.
- Flybys and CD-ROM play only available with Links386 CD.
PC MS-DOS 5.0
PC Windows 3.1
PC Windows 95
Requires Additional Software
- Links 386 Pro (PC, 1.2MB 5 1/4" Disk) Access Software - 1992 USA, Canada Release
- Links 386 Pro (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Access Software - 1992 USA, Canada Release
Included in the Following Collection(s)