Keys To Typing (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Batteries Included - 1984 USA, Canada Release
Keys To Typing
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Country of Origin||Canada|
Description from the packaging.
Keys to Typing is the best way to learn... because it has been designed by educators and computer programmers working together. All lessons are based on the proven techniques that typing schools and teachers have been using for years. We've added the speed and flexibility of computerized instruction. The result is a program that turns your Commodore 64 into a personal typing tutor- after 32 short lessons, you'll be typing at 40 words a minute!
Ideal for students of any age: No computer knowledge is needed, just basic reading ability. Gives your children a head start, and a skill they'll use the rest of their lives.
Meets the needs of businesspeople, who have little extra time to learn this valuable information-age skill. Keys to Typing teaches you fast, in the privacy of your home or office.
And if you're re-entering the workforce, Keys to Typing gives you a fast refresher course geared to your level of skill.
- 32 Step-by-step lessons.
- You select the lesson you're at by simply moving the cursor.
- Lesson #1 explains the program, the learning process and how to get on-screen help.
- Each lesson has three parts:
1. Familiarization with new keys introduced in the lesson.
2. Exercises featuring the new keys.
3. Specially-designed typing games to reinforce the lesson.
- Over 400 exercises in the program are similar to those used in the most successful typing manuals.
- Easy to use, no complex computer commands to enter.
- Designed to be error-proof; when you make an error, the display tells you what the problem is and shows you where the error you must correct is located.
- Hit the '?' key, and the program explains where you are and what happens next.
- You can reach the main help menu at any time by pressing a single key.
- You choose the lesson you want by simply moving the cursor; the keyboard is used just to practice typing!
- All instructional documentation is on the disk, ready for display on your screen - no need to leaf through any manuals! (Manuals are included for those who prefer them.)
The average student will learn to type at Grade 10 proficiency level (40 words per minute) by completing Keys to Typing's 32 lessons. The time it takes depends on how fast you want to go, because Keys to Typing lets you learn at your own speed.