Heroes Of The Lance (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1988 USA, Canada Release
Heroes Of The Lance
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Label||Advanced Dungeons and Dragons|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A Dragonlance action game.
The legendary Dragonlance game world comes alive in this exciting action game!
Heroes of the Lance is the first computer game that re-creates the epic battle between good and evil on the world of Krynn. (It is based on the first Dragonlance module, Dragons of Despair.)
You control eight Companions, one at a time, in real-time action and full animation. Guide these brave adventurers, each with different specialized skills, deep into the ruins of the temple Xak Tsaroth to retrieve the precious Disks of Mishakal.
As you descend into the Abyss, the Companions must defeat hordes of monstrous Draconians in hand-to-hand combat, deal with powerful magic and survive the vicious attacks from Gully Dwarves, giant spiders, the undead and countless other terrors.
But your final obstacle makes these monstrosities innocuous by comparison: The platinum disks you seek are guarded by Khisanth, an ancient black dragon. And there is but one way to vanquish this mighty beast.
Find the key to destroy Khisanth and the Companions will take their first steps to earn the noble title, Heroes of the Lance.
- Real-time action using joystick or keyboard to control up to ten characters, one at a time.
- Superb animated graphics make the Dragonlance game world come alive on your screen!
- Based on the first AD&D Dragonlance game module, the object is to recover the Disks of Mishakal hidden deep within an ancient temple guarded by a black dragon.
- Each character has specialized skills and attributes to handle specific situations and monsters.
- Use magic and weapons such as arrows, swords and spears to battle vicious Gully Dwarves, Draconians, giant spiders, the undead and other terrors.
- Arrange your characters in two ranks, putting the weaker and injured ones to the back to protect them.