Hard Drive Turbo Kit (Atari ST, 3 1/2" Disk) MichTron - 1989 USA, Canada Release
Hard Drive Turbo Kit
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Developer(s)||Timothy M. Purves and Dave Clemans|
|Category(s)||Utilities, Disk Utilities|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
This package includes programs to:
- Backup your hard drive.
- Speed up your hard drive.
- Create a high speed disk cache.
Bring your hard disk up to date. MichTron combines the power and simplicity of Backup! and Tuneup!, with the speed and efficiency of M-Cache to give you one tremendous hard disk utilities package. With this three-in-one package you will have all the utilities necessary to keep your machine running at its peak speed and efficiency.
When a hard disk crashes, there isn't any noise. Everything remains physically intact, but datawise... megabytes of amnesia. With Backup! this need not worry you anymore.
Backup! allows you to:
- Backup your hard disk to floppy disks.
- Restore your files from the backup after an accident, or anytime.
- Select whether to backup hidden files and/or system files.
Do you remember when you first bought your hard disk home and worked with it, in its original condition? With Tuneup! that speed is forever yours. As the contents of the disk become fragmented through the addition and deletion of files, your hard drive slows down drastically. With Tuneup! your hard disk will always be running at optimum efficiency.
- Tuneup! rewrites your files to contiguous blocks on the hard disk to speed up the time it takes to access files. It also moves all the free space into one contiguous section, so all new files will be written into one contiguous section.
If you're looking for ways to enhance the performance of your ST, you'll want to have M-Cache, an incredibly handy hard disk utility.
- M-Cache holds recently accessed disk sectors in your computer's memory, allowing the re-accessing of these sectors to be quick and easy. M-Cache uses LRU algorithm to expel sectors when it reaches its memory limit.