Gato (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Wizardworks - 1992 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Naval Simulation, Submarine Simulation|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Submarine battle simulation.
Gato puts you in the control room of a World War II, GATO class, combat submarine. The simulation provides superior graphics and exciting operations that will provide many hours of challenging entertainment. Each mission begins with a coded radio message, assigning you to your objective. Then you are on your own somewhere in the South Pacific!
With Gato, you will control your sub's power, speed, depth, periscope and heading; while avoiding torpedoes and mines. You will receive up to 30 coded assignments from your headquarters including "seek and destroy," mining rescue operations. Use crew reports, radar, maps and periscope sightings to reach enemy targets. Set the level of difficulty, choose day or night settings and select various features on your sub to engage enemy ships.
Highlights of Gato:
- All objects are tracked simultaneously with an accuracy greater than one ten-thousandth of a unit in an area of 500 million square units.
- Three dimensional object perspective provides depth of field and realistic offensive and evasive ship movement.
- Your record of enemy tonnage sunk is automatically entered in the Captain's log and can be saved for future games.
- Five different types of realistic enemy ships to sink and destroy.
- Life-like explosions (and sound effects).
PC MS-DOS 2.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|