Frontier: First Encounters (PC, CD-ROM) Gametek - 1995 USA, Canada Release
Frontier: First Encounters
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Enter an astronomically correct universe where pirates are everywhere, where Mafia barons have deep connections, where the Emperor wants your head on a platter- and where Alien Thargoids lurk! Your every move will be watched. Are you a hero or villain? The choice is yours in this richly rewarding space adventure with virtually unlimited gameplay.
- The latest 3D space simulation adventure from master game designer David Braben, whose previous games have sold over 500,000 copies!
- Be the first Human to fly an alien spacecraft!
- Texture mapped ships, cityscapes, space stations and docking bays.
- Planets are real, with texture mapped mountains, deserts, polar ice caps, oceans and bays for ultra realistic fly bys!
- Enjoy full motion video on the PC CD-ROM version.
- Variable game themes depending on your frame of mind. Try your hand at bounty hunting, high risk assassinations, espionage, courier runs, trading and... massive ravaging.
- Like a good read? Local Newspapers are available at every space port and updated as you play. The press show an interest in your progression through the game and have no problem washing your dirty laundry in public.
- Go deeper and deeper into the unknown and experience the graphic wonders of an astronomically correct galaxy unfolding before your eyes.
- Experience spectacular space combat sequences when confronting the pirate formations, police swarms and Naval fleets, or when you are just going about your day-to-day business.
PC MS-DOS 5.0
|Conventional RAM||500K Free|
|Required CD Speed||2X|
|Required Audio||Gravis UltraSound|