Flight Of The Intruder (PC, 5 1/4" Disk and 1.2MB 5 1/4" Disk) Spectrum Holobyte - 1990 USA, Canada Release
Flight Of The Intruder
|Media||5 1/4" Disk and 1.2MB 5.25 Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator, Jet Simulation|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
In 1972, An elite air corps flew over Vietnam. Fly with the brave and the bold.
Experience the raw emotion and harrowing danger of intense air combat over North Vietnam in this simulation based on Stephen Coonts' best-selling novel, Flight of the Intruder. The time is 1972 during the Linebacker Campaign, and the actual scenarios of this simulation have been authenticated by Vietnam pilots.
You'll be accompanied by as many as seven other friendlies as you catapult off the USS Shiloh and head into hostile enemy territory. Switch between any A-6 or F-4 cockpit at any time, a feature unique to Flight of the Intruder. Choose one of thirteen different daring missions or act as Commander of the Air Group and design your own missions.
Each mission is a vital part of the overall campaign and success is measured by operation completion and safe return of all aircraft. The enemy MiGs are merciless and the battles are chillingly lifelike- so real, you may wake up at night in a cold sweat.
- Pilot A-6 Intruder attack planes or F-4 Phantom II fighters ( switching between planes at any time).
- Control up to right friendly aircraft during one mission ( four A-6 Intruders and four F-4 Phantoms).
- Attack thirty-four different targets.
- Study aerial photos of target areas.
- Manipulate sixteen variables to determine level of difficulty.
- Execute thirteen different missions or...
- Act as Commander of the AirGroup to create your own missions.
- Switch between multiple view perspectives (inside and outside the cockpit) complete with pan and zoom.
- Use authentic weapon systems.
- Take video tape recorded pictures or snapshots for mission review.
- Dodge deadly enemy and anti-aircraft artillery.
PC MS-DOS 3.3
|Required CPU||AT 286|