El-Fish (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Maxis - 1993 USA, Canada Release
|Media||1.44MB 3.5" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Virtual Pets, Virtual Aquarium|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The Electronic Aquarium.
You've seen fish on a computer before... But you've never seen fish this bright, this beautiful, this colorful- or this realistic. And with El-Fish you can breed and evolve new, never-before-seen fish- and keep them in aquariums that you design and create. Combining art, science, technology and life, El-Fish is the creative tool to make living art.
- Catch, breed and evolve your fish- then the computer animated them!
- Choose from dozens of aquarium backgrounds and bottoms.
- Assorted silly animations add a humorous touch to your tank.
- Create aquariums to suit your taste and temperament.
- Grow plants, add rocks, shells and other stationary objects.
- Add animated objects like crabs and divers- then you're ready for fish...
Fish In Chips- No drawing or painting skills needed. All fish and their animations are created by your computer using the latest techniques in Artificial Life, genetic algorithms and 3-D image rendering.
Tanks A Lot- Catch, breed, evolve, mutate and animate unlimited fish to create unlimited aquariums.
Zen and the Art of Electronic Fish- Creating and watching El-Fish aquariums evokes the same relaxing, meditative, contemplative, blood pressure-lowering moods as a real aquarium.
From Russia with Glub- Created and programmed in Russia by AnimaTek, El-Fish continues Maxis' international quest to bring you the best, most creative entertainment software in the world.
- Compose animated shows of multiple tanks.
- Grow computer-generated plants.
- Computer-generated soundtracks in eight styles.
- No spills, no odors, no tanks to clean and no dead fish.
- Import your own drawings, pictures and scans into aquariums.
- Your only limit is your imagination.
PC MS-DOS 3.3