Das Boot (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Three Sixty Pacific - 1990 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Three Sixty Pacific|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Naval Simulation, Submarine Simulation|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
German U-Boat Simulation.
Winter, 1941. The icy waters of the North Atlantic. You're 200 feet down and the depth charges are banging on the hull or your U-boat like iron fists. Do you think well under pressure? How about 100 pounds per square inch of pressure? Take a deep breath, captain...
Das Boot puts you in command of a Type VII U-boat- the submarine responsible for millions of tons of Allied shipping losses in World War II. Your boat is complete in every detail: use its torpedos to send Allied ships to the bottom; the 88mm deck gun and 20mm anti-aircraft batteries let you attack targets on the surface and on land, and defend you against enemy aircraft. When the pressure is on and enemy destroyers are zeroing in on you, submerge and vanish- if you can. Listen with your hydrophone, move quietly- or else they'll find you and try to turn you into an oil slick.
Your orders some as coded radio transmissions- one of Germany's infamous Enigma machines is on board for deciphering the information. Send coded requests for supply boats and reconnaissance support. Or, since you know that the Allies are monitoring your radio traffic, try sending decoy messages and make them chase their own tails!
Watch your sub in action from multiple camera views in Das Boot's three-dimensional world, above and below the surface.
In Das Boot, nerves and cunning will make you the terror of the Allied convoys.
- Periscope view of enemy aircraft.
- Under water mine fields.
- Binocular view of enemy ships after torpedo hit.
- External camera views sub from any position.
- 3D Submarine warfare: For the first time, a sub warfare game lets you deal with threats below and above the surface in a true three dimensional environment.
- Historical realism: It's the winter of 1941. All conditions that you deal with- from your sub's abilities to those of your enemy's- match the state of submarine warfare at that time.
- Real Communications: Use the German Enigma coding machine to send and receive coded information.
- 4 Different torpedo types: Contact, magnetic, looping, and acoustic.
- Many missions to choose from- into the North Atlantic and Arctic, inland along the coast of Norway, into the Bay of Biscay, and through the Straits of Gibraltar.
- 3 Different levels of difficulty, from beginner to realistic.
- 3D Graphics in 256 VGA colors, with multiple internal and external camera views in a complete 3D world.
PC MS-DOS 3.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
VGA 256 Color