DS Recover (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Design Software - 1986 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Utilities, Disk Utilities, Data Recovery|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Can you recover from data disaster?
The ultimate memory resident data recovery software.
DS Recover is a powerful memory-resident data recovery software utility designed to recover any files or unformat a hard disk on an IBM PC/XT/AT or compatible computer.
The program is completely menu driven with all selections made through a two level menu system. While within the menu system, the user may now take full advantage of the single, "Lotus Style," keystroke execution of all DS Recover's options can also be accessed from the DOS command line. A single keystroke also allows you to quickly access context sensitive help at any time and all the information you need is always on-screen.
DS Recover's screen is organized into two easy to understand windows. To start, simply "point and shoot" using the cursor-arrow keys to quickly move from one option to another.
Using DS Recover, PC-DOS users can quickly recover single files, single directories, multiple directories or an entire hard disk drive. The program is capable of recovering on any DOS device, including Bernoulli boxes and SyQuest-like removable hard disks.
- Recover. Lets you restore 100% of all 'deleted' files that have been protected by DS Recover to your normal DOS directory.
- Unerase. Lets you unerase even those files not previously protected.
- Unformat. Now also lets you unformat a hard disk not protected by the SAVE option.
- Snapshot. Lets you fully recover all data stored in RAM after power interruption.
- Findfile. Performs a search of the entire drive including hidden protected files by user defined file specification to locate protected and deleted files.
- Directory Tree and File Display. Allows you to view the filenames of all protected 'deleted' files in a directory.
- Help. Displays on-screen help for options.
With DS Recover installed, you can never accidentally delete a file again.
DS Recover allows you to unformat your hard disk and, with the new Snapshot feature, you can recover all data stored in RAM after power interruption.
With DS Recover, there is no need to search for lost data and no need to guess at file names or cluster sizes.
With DS Recover being memory-resident you install it once, at the beginning of your "boot" procedure and forget it.
PC MS-DOS 2.11
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|