Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer (Apple II, 5 1/4" Disk) Electronic Arts - 1987 USA, Canada Release
Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Test pilots are only wrong once.
From the edge of space you scream toward Earth at Mach 3. Suddenly, your $30 million needle of rocket-fueled titanium spins violently out of control. You've only got 8 seconds- just 20,000 feet- before you dig a fiery hole in the desert. Experience and instincts tale charge as you struggle with the controls… Yeager's words echo through your mind: The real hero is the test pilot who somehow manages to survive…
Climb in the cockpit with the greatest test pilot ever.
- Learn advanced flying the Yeager Way. Unique Windscreen Cursors teach you in-air: Flawless takeoffs, landings, aileron rolls, Cuban 8's, even hammerhead stalls.
- Fly Yeager's wing. Follow the leader at daredevil speed through gates, slaloms, and skyscrapers.
- Knock on Heaven's Door. Test pilot 14 different aircraft, including mach-speed and experimental jets. Use authentic test pilot evaluation charts.
- Race wide open, full throttle. Compete against the computer adversary. Record your wins and let your friends try to outrace you.
Simulation that'll have your inner-ear screaming for mercy.
- Mach-speed graphics drivers with detailed 3D terrain.
- Actual aerodynamics of 14 different aircraft.
- "Black box recorders" to save your finest stunts and air-races.
- Dynamic instrumentation with working gauges. Full Mach and G-meters.
- 10 Distinct viewpoints with zoom up to 256x.
- In-depth instruction manual compiled by pro flight instructors and Chuck Yeager.
Some of the 14 different aircraft in your hanger:
- Sopwith Camel F-1
- P-51D Mustang
- Bell X-1
- Lockheed SR-71
- McDonnell Douglas F-18 Hornet
- Windscreen cursors make learning faster, and a lot more fun.
- Can you follow Yeager's lead through Dead Man's slalom?
- As Test Pilot, push the SR-71 past the final frontier into the realm of the unknown.
- Dig a hole and you'll face the wrath of the ultimate survivor himself.