China! The Grand Tour Including Tibet (PC, CD-ROM) Hopkins Technology - 1995 USA, Canada Release
China! The Grand Tour Including Tibet
|Category(s)||Reference, Travel, Asian Travel, China Travel|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A stunning visual encyclopedia of the sights of China and Tibet.
- Includes over 1,100 spectacular full-color photos complete with text.
- Covers geography, archeology, architecture, lifestyles, religion, relics, cities, scenery, treasures, riches and much more.
- Full English text descriptions provide an in-depth understanding of the visuals.
- Maps show locations of the photography.
- Complete with enchanting music, full text search and powerful photo zoom.
This is a must have collection for travelers, students, educators, family libraries and all those interested in the world beyond our shores.
From steamy jungle to breathtaking mountains, from teaming cities to serene countryside, from astonishing treasure to abject poverty, from privileged playgrounds to common workplaces, this is a collection never before seen anywhere. This is truly the Grand Tour! If you've ever been to China or Tibet, you'll stand in awe at the detail you missed and revel in the memories of places you've been. If you have not yet been, you'll bathe in the warm anticipation of exotic lands yet to experience!
- Like you've never even dreamed, detailed views of the grandest structure on Earth!
- As if from a fairy tale, an unimaginable vision descends from the mist.
- Details of customs and crafts from the far reaches of this diverse country.
- Temples and monasteries, some perched on the side of a cliff. Unbelievable diversity and wealth.
Subjects Covered (alphabetically):
- Bronze Ware of Ancient China
- Ceramics of China
- Chinese Folk Customs
- Cultural Relics at Xian
- Dazhao Temple (Jokhan) Tibet
- Dunghuang Flying Apsaras
- Dunghuang Murals
- Facial Patterns of Beijing Opera
- Famen Temple
- Folkcrafts of China
- Honey Lake
- Huayan Temple
- Hunan Bronzeware
- Imperial Palace
- Kites of Weifang
- Lijian River
- Maijishan Grottoes
- Ming Tombs
- Mount Huangshan
- Museum of Tomb Relics
- Painted Statues of Dunhuang
- Palace Museum
- Potala Palace, Tibet
- Reed-Flute Rock
- Stone Carvings at Dazu
- Suzhou Gardens
- The Great Wall
- Tian Tan
- Treasures of China
- Xuan Kong Si
- Yangtze River Three Gorges
PC Windows 3.1
PC Windows 95