Chessmaster 3000 (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Software Toolworks - 1991 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Traditional, Chess|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The finest Chess Program in the World
It's all new!… And it's even better
Software Toolworks took the best Chess Program in the World, The Chessmaster 2100, and added another 10 man-years of work by their programmers and graphic artists!
The results will amaze you! Every feature that won the Chessmaster its awards and accolades has been kept or improved upon. Not only does The Chessmaster 3000 play stronger chess… it's packed with brand new features from the wish lists of our chess champion consultants.
Now easier for the novice and more challenging for the expert.
The War Room allows you to view past moves, captured pieces, and more.
If you have purchased the Windows version of this product (see sticker on front of package) then you can run multiple applications at once while playing The Chessmaster 3000 for Windows.
The Chessmaster 3000 offers superior graphics with the choice of multiple playing sets and boards.
The Chessmaster 3000 as a Mentor…
- Chess Tutor: Extensive, interactive, animated tutorial. The Chessmaster 3000 monitors and guides your progress.
- Natural Language Analysis: Gives advice and analysis on how to move, and why, in conversational English. First of its kind.
- Teaching Display: Graphically illustrates board coverage, legal moves, and pieces threatened by capture.
- Help: Instant help with one keystroke.
- Opening Moves Library: Choose from over 150,000 starting positions.
The Mind of the Chessmaster 3000…
- Stronger, Faster Chess Play: Featuring the latest in Artificial Intelligence chess technology.
- Multiple Personalities: Choose from a library of unique computer opponents. Challenge Newcomer, Pawngrabber and champions of the past. Create your own opponents.
- Time Controls: Unlimited levels of play. Play x minutes per game, x minutes per move, x moves in x minutes, fixed depth, equal time, infinite time. Set separate time controls for white and black.
- Tournament: Set up your own round-robin tournament for up to 10 players, with any combination of human and computer participants.
- Rate My Play: Let the Chessmaster 3000 determine your chess rating.
- Chess Notations: Choose from coordinate, algebraic, long algebraic, English descriptive, and international correspondence.
- Solve for Mate: Find multiple solutions.
The Chessmaster 3000 as a Resource and Referee…
- USCF Rules: Including adjournment, 3 move repetition, 50 and 100 move rules, draw claims, insufficient material, plus more.
- Game File Manager: Save, load, erase, move, and merge game files. Up to 32 character file names.
- Classic Games: Replay and analyze 150 of the greatest games in chess history, from the 19th century to the computer age.
- Import/Export: Interface with the most popular chess database programs and information services. Import move lists and board positions from ASCII files.
- Printing: Print games, boards, and certificates of achievement. Supports text and graphic mode printers and laser printers.
- Multi-Branch Move History: Return to a previous move and explore any number of alternatives without losing original line of play.
The New Look and Feel…
- Perspectives: 3-D, 2-D, and War Room views. Rotate board. Set 3-D viewing angle and perspective. Analog or digital chess clocks. Play blindfold chess.
- Multiple Chess Sets: Choose from Staunton, Fantasy, Alphabet, and more. Design your own Chess sets.
- Modern Interface: Multiple, moveable, resizable windows and scroll bars.
- Piece Movement: Move pieces with keyboard, mouse, or cursor keys.
- Set-up Mode: Set up your own Brainteasers.
- Annotation Notepad: Add comments and notes to key moves.
- Dazzling Graphics: State of the art upgraded graphics.
PC Windows 3.1
|Required CPU||AT 286|
|Supported Video||VGA 256 Color|