Chess Mates (PC and Mac, CD-ROM) Interplay Productions - 1996 USA, Canada Release
|Platform(s)||PC and Mac|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Traditional, Chess|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Learn all the moves and strategies of chess while developing logic and problem solving skills.
Exclusively endorsed by the U.S. Chess Federation.
Animated pieces that come to life, multiple difficulty levels and a host of features makes Chess Mates the most fun and innovative way to learn the complex strategies of chess.
- Wigby the Wizard guides and teaches young minds to play chess step by step.
- Point and click interface makes learning to play chess fun and easy.
- Over 60 fun and entertaining puzzles and tutorials.
- Learn chess tactics such as the Fork, Skewer and the Pin.
- Choose from multiple background settings.
Chess works wonders with your child!
- Learning aptitude.
- Critical thinking.
- Logical strength.
Official American Scholastic Chess Study proved that playing chess can give children the winning edge in school.
Kids playing chess in the study showed:
- Reading scores improved.
- Math scores improved.
- Self esteem improved.
- Learning chess has statistically improved grades by 70%.
Using an animated scenario, one of the many chess strategies is introduced.
Animated chess pieces magically appear to illustrate the strategy.
Wigby then guides the student through one of the many puzzles highlighting the strategy.
The student is rewarded with a printable certificate and can then choose to learn more, or apply their knowledge to a real game of chess.
PC Windows 3.1
PC Windows 95
Mac System 7.0
|Required CPU||Mac LC III|
|Required CD Speed||2X|
|Supported Video||13" 256 Color|