Championship Chess (Timex Sinclair, Cassette) Reston Publishing Company - 1983 USA, Canada Release
|Publisher(s)||Reston Publishing Company|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Traditional, Chess|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Good news for chess players! Your computer challenges you in this award-winning chess game!
This game has received rave reviews from everyone who has played it. Now is your chance to see if you can beat your Timex Sinclair 1500 in an exciting game of chess. Championship Chess won the chess competition at the Consumer Computer Show in London. It's a great way to fine tune your chess game!
Championship Chess has six levels of play. Challenge your computer at any level. The higher the level you choose, the better opponent your computer becomes. At level one, your computer will take less than ten seconds to move. Level 6 is recommended for extended correspondence games.
Championship Chess allows you En Passant and castling. Further, you may save a game at any time for replaying at a later time.
Championship Chess uses standard notation to show you the moves. You may start a new game whenever you wish. At the end of each game, you may play a new game simply by pressing any key.
- Championship Chess will recommend your best move for you if you ask for it.
- You can analyze any game at any time. This allows you to set the board up any way you please to analyze a special problem or play a famous game. During a game, by using this feature, you can change the position of the pieces.
- Championship Chess allows you to stop a game at any time and save it on tape so you may continue the same game at a later time.
- One command lets you print any screen display of the board during a game without interrupting that game.
- At any time during the play of the game you may change levels or sides.
- Twenty moves are shown on the screen at all times. Every move is saved in memory and are displayed through one command.
Cheats or Easter Eggs
- 1983 Chess
- 1983 Entertainment
- 1983 Reston Publishing Company
- 1983 Software
- 1983 Timex Sinclair Chess
- 1983 Timex Sinclair Entertainment
- 1983 Timex Sinclair Software
- 1983 Timex Sinclair Traditional
- 1983 Traditional
- Reston Publishing Company
- Timex Sinclair Chess
- Timex Sinclair Entertainment
- Timex Sinclair Traditional