CNN Global View (PC, CD-ROM) Compact Publishing Inc. - 1993 USA, Canada Release
CNN Global View
|Publisher(s)||Compact Publishing Inc.|
|Category(s)||Reference, Atlas, World Atlas|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Video atlas on CD-ROM with WorldClock.
Global View puts you in charge of the most powerful medium ever developed for understanding today's fast moving global events.
- Select the Atlas Globe and zoom in on detailed maps and information on every country and region. You'll have hundreds of up-to-date full-color maps at your fingertips. plus powerful graphic tools to make six kinds of charts using data from authoritative sources.
- Choose WorldClock and display the current time and pattern of sunrise and sunset any place on Earth or show the complete world view with all international time zones.
- Use the calendar as your daily schedule and reminders- a complete daybook and memo pad that will store and print your current and future appointments.
- Leave the unique, beautiful, full-color spinning globe on your monitor and you'll have the world's best screen-saver.
- In the CNN Newsroom studio select video essays from the simulated video monitors and see CNN's most compelling coverage of important global trends- specially edited for your computer monitor. More than one-hour of narrated video to watch and hear.
CNN Newsroom's best videos on your computer monitor.
More than one hour of viewing. Gain perspective on the most compelling issues of our time in video essays on:
"Collapse of Communism",
"Cultures in Conflict",
"Small World", and
"African Politics and Poverty."
Commentaries by leading authorities, translation of hundreds of local broadcasts and news reports from around the world- includes speeches and interviews by world leaders- a unique global perspective on the major news events.
Complete World Atlas with full-color maps.
Detailed maps and flags of every country- zoom up and down using the revolving reference globe to navigate instantly to any place in the world.
Transform the data into colorful, informative charts to display or print- makes line, range, bar, scatter, horizontal bar and pie charts.
Get complete descriptions and data from authoritative sources on every country and region- people, politics, economy, military, and resources. Examine information and analyze trends from a vast database of world statistics in time series from 1950 to today.
Plus WorldClock- a unique personal timekeeper, calendar and screen saver.
WorldClock displays the exact local time and the pattern of sunrise and sunset anywhere on Earth in full color maps or monochrome. Constantly updated by your computer's clock.
Enter your U.S. ZIP code or world time zone and WorldClock sets up the clock and map for your location. Use icons to measure distances between any two points, zoom up, down and around the world. Check latitude and longitude; set the time or date forward or backward to see a solstice, view the progression of the seasons, or find out when the sun will rise on your trip to Paris.
You'll have your own appointment book to keep your daily schedule and reminders. A complete day-month-year calendar with daybook and memo pad that will store and print your memos and current and future appointments. Look up future dates and keep memos. Also includes exclusive day-by-day index to CNN Newsroom daily classroom broadcasts since 1989.
PC MS-DOS 3.3
|Required CPU||AT 286|
|Req. Hard Drive||1MB Free|
ProAudio Spectrum 16