C.H.A.O.S. Continuum -Retail Box- (Mac, CD-ROM) Creative Multimedia - 1993 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Titan Colony power and communications off-line. Orbiting supercomputer malfunctioning. Enter our Continuum and find a way to stop C.H.A.O.S... before it's too late.
"...You are walking within the orbiting supercomputer, your radar detects a Drone Guard moving somewhere ahead. An automatic force-field has just engaged behind you. All around you hear the screaming of distorted metal, the relentless dull throb of machinery beating like a heart... the heart of a conquering darkness. Welcome to C.H.A.O.S."
Titan Colony, 2577
Mission Briefing: Titan Colony is being held captive by a vast orbiting sentient supercomputer. The computer, Cybernetic Holistic Autonomous Orbiting Server (C.H.A.O.S.), was created by colony scientists for research and education. But now, something has gone wrong.
C.H.A.O.S. in Control... and Out of Control.
All the colonists had biochips implanted in their brains through which they should have received education from C.H.A.O.S. But instead, the supercomputer began using the colonists' biochip implants to control them.
The scientists who created C.H.A.O.S. were forced to make a desperate escape using an untested Time Interphase Field Generator. The Dimension Jump was successful, but C.H.A.O.S. acquired their Interphase Generator, trapping them in the parallel continuum to which they had escaped.
The Scientists Have Only One Hope. You.
The scientists have established have established contact with 20th Century computer operators. Only you can find a way to stop C.H.A.O.S. by using a Time Probe capable of interacting with their time.
- Pilot the probe around the colony searching for maps, access codes and other information.
- Follow a shuttle from the colony into the labyrinthine interior of C.H.A.O.S.
- Watch out for deadly Drone Guards, force fields and other security traps awaiting you throughout the colony and aboard C.H.A.O.S. The future is in your hands. Enter the C.H.A.O.S. Continuum!
A New Dimension in CD-ROM Adventure...
The C.H.A.O.S. Continuum is a fully interactive movie experience containing many maze-like tunnels, spectacular animation, special effects and a rich, photorealistic look. It was developed on Silicon Graphics workstations using the same software that creates the film industry's most exciting special effects.
- Original music score and stereo sound effects.
- Random events increase playability.
- Innovative image control techniques create 24-bit look at 8-bit resolution.
- Non-linear construction: walk anywhere you want... as long as you have the access codes!
Mac System 6.0.7
|Required CPU||Mac II|
|Req. Hard Drive||1MB Free|
|Supported Video||13" 256 Color|