Battles Of Napoleon (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1988 USA, Canada Release
Battles Of Napoleon
|Packaging cover Battles Of Napoleon.|
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Wargame, Napoleonic Wargame|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Reconstruct any Napoleonic battle from the pages of history... or your imagination!
Battles of Napoleon allows you to simulate practically any Napoleonic engagement on a detailed, tactical level. How? By giving you all the tools to create any battle of that historical era.
Battles of Napoleon is a superb advanced wargame- and a full-blown construction set.
Use the computer to generate random maps, then modify them as you choose. Or start from scratch by building your own maps, square-by-square (each representing 100 yards). Your terrain options include five levels of elevation, woods, roads, fields, swamps, water, towns and redoubts. Create your own armies provided to suit your exact specifications: number of men, type of units, weapons and nationality. Rate your units for melee strength, leadership and morale.
The construction-set feature enables you to change game parameters such as the weapons tables, fire/terrain modifiers, and other important values. You can literally make any game that you can imagine!
Want to bypass the design phase and jump right into action? Simply choose from the many pre-made scenarios, such as Waterloo, Quatre Bras, Auerstaedt and Borodino.
If you idea of fun involves skirmishers, cavalry charges and infantry squares, look no further than Battles of Napoleon!
- Tactical view of the Battle of Borodino in progress.
- Strategic map view of the Battle of Auerstaedt.
- Unit statistics of a French battalion in the Battle of Auerstaedt.
- Recreate any Napoleonic battle: real or imaginary.
- Each square on the map represents 100 yards.
- Use the construction-set features to change game parameters such as weapons tables, fire/terrain modifiers, and other important values in the game.
- For one or two players.
- Design your own battles with a powerful editor that allows you to make maps and armies with a variety of command structures and sizes.
- Game includes cavalry charges, skirmishers, square and line formations, and every combat formation that participated in the Napoleonic battles.
Battles of Napoleon was designed by David Landrey and Chuck Kroegel, who also designed SSI's Gettysburg: The Turning Point.
- Playing Time: 2 to 20 Hours
- Advanced Level
PC MS-DOS 2.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|