Armada (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) Arc Software - 1989 European Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Wargame|
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
Description from the packaging.
The full story of the Spanish Armada is a fascinating piece of history. Starting as a great adventure it ended as a human tragedy on a massive scale. This simulation attempts to capture five days of the Armada's journey, the five days it took for the huge fleet to make its way from south of Plymouth to the Isle of Wright.
The Armada was a very real invasion threat to England, but the clash of politics, religion, intrigue and misunderstanding was also very real. This, the second in Atari's BattleScapes series offers you the chance to take the helm as Lord Howard, defending the English coastline against the attacking Spaniards, or even re-write history by leading the invasion fleet against the likes of Howard, Drake, and Frobisher.
- 60 Page manual including the full history of the battle.
- Unique 3D representation of the battle.
- Revolutionary communication system which realistically recreates how orders can be misinterpreted down the chain of command.
- Historically and geographically accurate laminated map to log details of the battle.
- Free "write on-rub off" BattleScapes pen.
- One and two player modes.