Airborne Ranger (1st Release) (C64, 5 1/4" Disk) Microprose - 1987 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Arcade, Fighting, Military Combat|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
When a mission requires courage, ingenuity and special skill, the U.S. Army's elite corps of fighting men is often called into action. They've each been carefully chosen following rigorous training, testing and evaluation.
Try your hand at being one of America's best in Airborne Ranger, an action-simulation where you embark on desperate solo missions behind enemy lines. You could be sent to rescue hostages from a terrorist prison or to infiltrate the headquarters of an enemy unit. Whether photographing a secret experimental enemy aircraft or sabotaging an aviation fuel dump, every mission takes careful planning and pinpoint execution.
Airborne Ranger gives you full control of a single soldier with movement in eight directions. Run, walk or crawl across full-scrolling 3-D terrain using trees, bushes and ravines to avoid the enemy or set up an ambush.
Air-drop caches of weapons and first aid supplies, then parachute into hostile territory armed only with a machine gun and a few grenades. Carefully study your map to plan the mission and locate the pickup zone which you'll need to reach safety.
Airborne Ranger is a fast-paced action-simulation where you experience the danger and excitement of infiltration and combat. The list of features includes:
- Variety of missions: Twelve different missions in 3 regions of the world. Mission objectives cover search and destroy, rescue, infiltration and sabotage scenarios.
- Extensive Graphics: Full-scrolling 3-D graphics in color and detail across varying terrain.
- Multiple Threats: Enemy soldiers armed with submachine guns, hand grenades, antitank rockets and flame-throwers, minefields, robot minitanks, machine gun nests and more.
- Realistic Action: You control walking, running and crawling of an individual soldier in 8 directions using a 360-degree field of fire with a carbine or other weapons.
- Modern Weapons: Carbine version of an M-16 assault rifle and bayonet, fragmentation grenades, LAW rockets (light antitank weapon), timed plastic explosives.
Airborne Ranger... the action-simulation that challenges your strategic skills, reflexes and courage.
Cheats or Easter Eggs
- 1987 Arcade
- 1987 C64 Arcade
- 1987 C64 Entertainment
- 1987 C64 Fighting
- 1987 C64 Military Combat
- 1987 Commodore 64 Software
- 1987 Entertainment
- 1987 Fighting
- 1987 Microprose
- 1987 Military Combat
- 1987 Software
- C64 Arcade
- C64 Entertainment
- Commodore 64 Software
- C64 Fighting
- C64 Military Combat
- Military Combat