Aces Of The Pacific (PC, 1.44MB 3 1/2" Disk) Sierra - 1992 USA, Canada Release
Aces Of The Pacific
|Media||1.44MB 3.5" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Flight Simulator, World War II Flight Simulator|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
"A benchmark of the '90's for flight simulators." - Shay Addams, Simulation! Magazine
On December 7, 1941, with Pearl Harbor in smoking ruin, aerial history would be born as American pilots launched into battle against the Japanese Empire. Spanning the entire Pacific, the scope of the war would by monumental with mighty "floating airfields" carrying the battle out across the seas. In the air, on the ground and far out at sea, two warring nations would come face-to-face and a new era of pilots would forever mark their place in history. From the Coral Sea to the battle at Midway, young defenders of nations would take to the skies on wings of steel. They would fight with honor and fly with the spirit of legends and be remembered as "Aces of the Pacific."
Step back into history and experience the emotion, men and machines of World War II combat in the . Up against enemy fighters and aces, you'll intercept bombers, dive-bomb enemy carriers, launch ground attacks to cripple enemy air-bases and experience the terror and exhilaration of carrier landings.
- Tangle with legendary Aces such as Greg "Pappy" Boyington, Hiroshi Nishizawa and America's highest-ranking Ace, Richard Bong.
- Over 25 meticulously researcher vintage aircraft, including the A6M Zero, the F4U Corsair, the P-38 Lightning, the F6F Hellcat, the P-47 Thunderbolt, the SBD-3 Dauntless Dive Bomber, the B5N Kate Torpedo Bomber, and many more.
- Fly for either America or Japan, experiencing the sights and sounds of air combat in the Pacific: Carrier deck landings and take-offs, torpedo dive bombing, mid-air explosions, billowing clouds of smoke and flame, the roar of radial engines and the explosive firing of .50 calibre machine guns!
- Play a quick single mission or enlist for the full tour between 1941 and 1945. Fly with the land-based Army Air Force, in the island hopping campaigns of the Solomons, New Guinea, Okinawa and Japan itself! Take-off from carriers as a Navy pilot in the historic carrier battles of the war including Coral Sea, Midway, the Philippine Sea and many others.
- A powerful mission recorder lets you save an entire mission to disk and then jump back into the simulation at any point to begin playing again!
- A magnificent 240 page manual, complete with detailed historical overview of the war, photos, war maps, pilot profiles, air combat tactics of the era and over 25 color pages or aircraft illustrations.
Damon Slye, Dynamix co-founder, is the originator of Dynamix 3Space technology and the designer of the Great War Planes series. Damon's desire to recreate the experience of flight throughout history has produces an ongoing series of simulations that is unequaled in quality, depth and ease-of-use.
PC MS-DOS 5.0
|Req. Hard Drive||6MB Free|
|Required CD Speed||MPC|
|Misc Support||Rudder Pedals|