A-Train (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Maxis - 1992 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Business Simulation, Railroad Simulation|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The railroad to riches.
Cities all over the world are masses of idling, polluting, honking cars. We need mass transit - but local, state and national governments haven't been able to make it work. If you can create and operate a successful privately held mass transit operation, you'll do the world a service and reap huge financial rewards- but that's only the beginning...
First, manage your railroad - transport passengers and freight, extend your lines, and develop the most efficient and profitable routes and schedules. Then, borrow from the bank, buy and develop land, expand your holdings into hotels, factories, resorts and department stores, play the stock market, and build a financial empire.
- Start with open space and a small bank loan...
- ... and build yourself an empire.
- Build railroads and business empires with easy menu choices. Survey your realm and check the status of all your trains with the satellite view.
- Detailed reports track your business holdings and urban development.
- Choose your motive power: 19 different engines from 3 continents.
- Diversify your portfolio: Buy and sell up to 24 different OTC stocks. But be careful- if the stocks crash, so do you.
- Six different scenarios present a variety of development styles and challenges.
- Build high rise offices, department stores, hotels, golf courses, amusement parks, stadiums, ski resorts, and more.
- On-screen day/night cycles and seasonal changes mark the passage of time.
- More than 20 advisors offer their expert opinions on how you should run your business.
- No meddling government officials with their monopoly busting anti-trust laws to get in your way.
PC MS-DOS 3.0
|Required CPU||AT 286|