WERCS (Atari ST, 3 1/2" Disk) MichTron - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Programming, Programming Libraries|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Gain complete control over your resource files with this practical construction set.
WERCS lets you produce programs that take full advantage of GEM. WERCS is a mouse-driven GEM resource file editor for creating dialog boxes, menus, icons, and alert boxes. Using resource files allows smaller program files, and makes your code easier to maintain.
WERCS gives you complete control over you resource files. Adjust the size, position, border width, color, and fill pattern of boxes quickly and easily. Then fine tune the text. Change the size, justification and color of characters. You have total flexibility for editable text fields.
Advanced features include:
- Produce and edit resource files up to 64K bytes (the maximum permitted by the operating system).
- Produce resource files for use in low, medium and high resolution.
- Up to 16 characters per language identifier, upper, lower, mixed case.
- Optional automatic naming of objects. No need to type the text and name twice.
- Unique find command. Search for a particular string within your resource file, or look for a special language identifier (When you are editing a large document in a text editor, you have a search function, so why shouldn't you have one when you are editing a large resource file?)
- No practical limitations on tree size. 200 objects per tree is no problem!
- Full cut and paste of objects (with their children) and whole trees.
- Optional character snap and text box sizing.
Sorting of trees.
The Integrated Icon/Image editor supports standard editing features like clearing or filling a bitmap or moving contents of a bitmap up, down, left or right by one bit. Other advanced features such as copying the contents bitwise in AND, OR, and XOR form from data to mask and vice versa are also available ( A bitmap can be from 16 x 8 to 128 x 128 bits in size).
WERCS can produce header files for the following languages: HiSoft BASIC, Devpac ST, and any other standard assembler, C, Pascal, Fortran-77 or modern Modula-2 language.