Utopia (Intellivision, Cartridge) Mattel Electronics - 1981 USA, Canada Release
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
If you were the ruler of your very own country, how good a ruler would you be? Find out, with a strategy game that captures the realism- and problems- of governing. Your goal is the happiness and well-being of your people. Your make sure there is sufficient food for all. You take care of housing, schools, hospitals, defense and the economy. Sound simple? That's what they all say...
Keep your people happy... but watch out for bad weather, pirates, rebels... and your opponent.
- 1 or 2 can play, either competitively or cooperatively.
- You select the number of rounds (terms of office) and length of each round.
- Weigh the need to earn money against the need to provide for your people. Improvements include crops, fishing boats, factories, housing projects, schools, hospitals, forts and PT boats.
- Dangers include pirates, hurricanes, tropical storms, rebels and your opponent.
- Colorful computer graphics track the development of each island state.
- Special sound effects highlight hurricanes, storms, fishing operations and rebel attacks.
- Computer keeps track of population growth and decline, productivity and wealth.
- Computer measures your people's well-being, through a sophisticated scoring system that weighs all island conditions.