Star Fleet II (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Interstel Corporation - 1989 USA, Canada Release
Star Fleet II
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
Star Fleet II "Krellan Commander" by Trevor Sorensen and Mark Baldwin.
Star Fleet II is the second in the Star Fleet series of advanced strategic space war simulations. Having fought as an Alliance starship commander in Star Fleet I against overwhelming odds to stem the onslaught of the Krellan and Zaldron Empires, you now get a chance to try to command on the "winning" side, at least in a simulator.
In Star Fleet II, you will be in command of a deadly Krellan battlecruiser with four destroyer escorts (forming a "battle fleet"). Your mission is to explore the star systems of the United Galactic Alliance, looking for choice planets to conquer, and Alliance warships to destroy. If the natives become too uncooperative, you can always use your obliterator pods to demolish their planet (that will teach 'em!).
On board your ships are detachments of the feared Krellan shock troops, which can be used to board and capture enemy ships. Your ships are equipped with the latest technology, including deadly homing torpedos. And at higher ranks you can command dozens of warships and a million combat-hardened warriors to bring the Alliance to its knees!
Even in space war simulation, Star Fleet II gives you more depth, complexity, and realism than any simulation before. But that's not all- Star Fleet II is actually two games in one! When you invade a planet, Star Fleet II switches to a complete planetary invasion game that allows you to control the conquering Krellan forces in their attempt to overwhelm the planetary defenders.
From dozens of possible cities or military targets defined on the planetary map, you can select and control up to eight invasion zones for your campaign. Direct the overall invasion from your Invasion Control Screen, or take personal command of your units. Soften up the defenses with a planetary bombardment, then select your invasion zones and allocate shock troops for the initial assault. Follow up with your drop ships, which contain your legions of battle-hardened elite warriors and their heavy equipment.
Your objectives: to capture cities and factories; knock out shield generators, planetary defense phasers, point defense lasers and missile launchers; and to eliminate both UGA troops and native militia forces.
Like combat in space, the planetary invasion combat is real time (no turns!), but you can freeze the simulation any time if things start getting a bit hectic!
Let yourself go- have fun!
Capture and pillage planets, wipe out civilizations with a single command, boost your crew's morale by bringing aboard passengers from the captured starliner (remember, it's only a simulation!).
Star Fleet II features:
- 35 galactic regions with over 1,700 star systems and 1,000 unique planets to explore and conquer.
- Each planet has its own unique surface, which you can view from orbit.
- Realtime simulation of movement and combat.
- Ship-to-ship and fleet combat.
- Over 10 different types of starships, including Alliance heavy and light cruisers, destroyers, frigates, scouts, freighters and starliners, Krellan battlecruisers, destroyers, supply ships, and troop transports.
- Landing parties to explore planets, contact planetary civilizations, establish bases, obtain supplies, etc.
- Command legions of elite Krellan warriors for conquering planets- battle honors are kept for each legion.
- 12 critical ship's systems simulated.
- New commands include communications, intelligence, strategic command, logistics, obliterator pods, science, medical, planetary invasion, and more!
- Multiple mission objectives.
- 7 ranks and difficulty levels.
- Simulates crew fatigue and morale levels, supplies, interaction with captives, etc.
- Sound/music toggle.
- Keyboard and joystick controls.
- Displays use advanced "windowing" feature.
Star Fleet II is easy to learn and play- yet it has a level of realism and sophistication that is far beyond that on any space war program on the market!
PC MS-DOS 2.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|