Stable Masters (Amiga, 3 1/2" Disk) ESP Software - 1994 UK Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Sports, Horse Racing|
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
Description from the packaging.
This game is an extremely accurate and realistic horse racing simulation that just about anyone can play with great ease and pleasure. You play the game as an owner trainer but you can also gamble at the bookie's. See the feature list below for full details about the contents of this unique strategy game.
- 1-4 Human players. Each player can own up to 10 horses at any one time.
- 35 Computer controlled trainers. Each trainer controls a string or horses and intelligently buys, sells and enters horses for races.
- Top trainer table. A major aim in the game is to finish high in the Top Trainer table. Trainers are rated by the amount of prize money won. Runs, wins, horses in training and percentage strike rate are also shown.
- Full season. Each game is played over a season which runs between March and November. When the season is completed you can continue into the next season with the same horses.
- Graphic race action. Full graphic race action. If you prefer, an option allows you to skip straight to the result or you can skip some races to build up form quickly.
- 250 Horses. Each individual horse has over 60 independent variables. All racing factors have an influence on the result ranging from the Going and Distance to Course, Tactical suitability, Fitness, Draw etc.
- 26 Different Courses. Each one has its own characteristics mirroring the diversity and uniqueness of racecourses in the UK. Two all weather tracks are included and descriptions of each course with distance records can be easily accessed from within the game.
- Pool of 20 jockeys. All vary in ability and are displayed with booking fees, wins to date, rides to date and win/ride percentage ratio.
- Jockey orders. When a jockey is booked he can be given tactical orders.
- Jockey feedback option. After the days racing there is an option to view any jockey feedback. Jockeys will tell you which tactics they used and how they suited, sometimes giving you advice on which tactics should suit best. Obviously, the best jockeys give more reliable advice.
- 47 Real-life big prize flat races. These include big handicaps such as the Jubilee, Royal Hunt Cup, the Wokingham and Group races (Nell Gwyn Stakes, The Guineas, The Eclipse, The Derby, etc.). The precise course and the date etc. can be accessed during the game to aid race planning.
- Training control. All horses have fitness and condition ratings available to the trainer. Horses can be given varying training schedules. Stamina, speed, condition and preferred distance can also be effected with training schedules.
- Staff feedback. A stable report is available which is compiled by the Head stable lad. This report gives Fitness and Condition indications along with type of horse (Sprinter, Stayer etc.) and expected preferred going indicator. Very large or small horses are indicated as some courses will suit these types better.
- Auction. You can buy new stock and/or sell lame horses.
- Handicap and group race system. The system implemented is just like the real thing.
- Declarations. Before the player enters a horse for a race he can consult the declaration list to view the quality of opposition.
- Racecard. Contains all the relevant information on runners in a race and is presented in a format which is extremely similar to the racing press. The information shown is as follows: Form, Name, Weight, Course/Dist/Going indicator, Winnings, Today's Rating, Last Winning Race, Days Since Last Run, Jockey Name, Trainer, Draw Effect, Odds.
- Form Book. The form book stores information of the previous 200 races and includes the following details: Race Number, Date, Course, Going, Number of Runners, Race Type, Prize Money and Winning Time, Name of Runners, Weight, Handicap, Distance Behind Previous Horse, Jockey, Odds, and Draw.
- Win Summary Card. This has been devised as a quick alternative to the form book. This card lists details of the last 10 wins, lists all going and distances won on and Group race wins and places.
- Bookie. You can place a win or each way bet on one horse for each race.
- Tipsters. If you're stuck you can buy a tip from one of three guys.
- Injuries. Horses can pick up injuries. These are treated by the vet and a recovery time is indicated.
- Viruses. Stables can be subjected to viruses. Viruses affect the whole stable performance.
- Load and Save. You can store up to 5 different game positions on a separate disk.
- Instructions. A fully descriptive twenty page book with plenty of diagrams and examples.