Sim City Classic (PC DOS, 3 1/2" Disk) Maxis - 1993 USA, Canada Release
Sim City Classic
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The original city simulator.
A true classic in computer entertainment, SimCity dares you to design and build the city of your dreams. SimCity took the computer world by storm (well, by earthquake anyway), stretched the bounds of entertainment software and tore down the wall between fun and learning. With its simple interface and the ability to run on almost any computer, SimCity Classic is the best introduction to both simulation games and city planning on this or any other planet.
- Your decisions will either attract simulated citizens- Sims- to move in and build homes, hospitals, churches, stores and factories, or drive them out in search of a better life elsewhere.
- Detailed animation and sound effects bring simulated cities to life. Lay roads and traffic flows. Supply power and smokestacks churn.
- Build cities or destroy them. Solve problems or create them. SimCity Classic puts you in charge of the lives, homes, hopes and dreams of millions of Sims.
- Design unlimited cities from the ground up.
- Use the Terrain Editor to sculpt your city's landscape.
- Guide your decision-making process with real-time graphs and demographic maps.
- Find out how popular (or unpopular) you are with the public opinion poll.
- Test your leadership abilities with the eight included city scenarios.
- Fight floods, earthquakes, fires, tornadoes, meltdowns and monsters.
"It's fun to build your own city, thrilling to watch it change and grow, depressing to watch it die." - Newsweek.
"...most sophisticated game yet... has would-be mayors glued to their screens." - CNN, Business News.
"Games simply don't get any better than this." - Compute.
"Addicting is too mild a word for SimCity; for some players, it becomes an obsession." - PC Magazine.
PC MS-DOS 3.0
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|