Sim Ant (PC, 3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk) Maxis - 1991 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Simulation, Animal Simulation|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
The electronic ant colony.
Ants. You've shared your food, your home and your planet with them. You've stepped on them, sprayed them, cursed them and bombed them. Now you can be them. Based on real ant biology and behavior, SimAnt gives you the experience of life as an ant: Fight for queen and colony; Defend your home from deadly predators; Face menacing hordes of enemy ants; Invade the homes of humans; Endure the dangers of insecticide poisoning; Reproduce to make more ants.
See your ants, be your ants, and lead your ants through the dangers of life above and below ground, inside the house and out.
Tell hundreds of ants where to go and what to do with a simple click-and-drag.
What ant simulation would be complete without ants in your sink, ants on your stove, ants in your living room and ants in your...
Numerous animated sequences graphically depict life and death in the ant world.
An Information Window introduces the behavior and biology of real ants.
In Quick Games, battle evil red ants. Full games are an extended strategic challenge. The Tutorial walks you through the basics of being an ant. In Experimental Games, do whatever you like.
- Easy to play- even an insect could do it.
- On-screen help for all buttons and controls.
- Blood-sucking spiders, treacherous ant lions and yummy caterpillars.
- Disgusting noises.
- A caste of thousands.
- Experience the joys of trophallaxis!
- Experimental tools include: mazes, pheromones and insecticide.
- Silly mode exposes the secret thoughts of electronic ants.
- On-screen Tutorial begins your life as an ant.
- Take over the house and drive out the yucky humans!
- Documentation includes extensive science section on real ants.
- Recruit an army of ants to aid you in foraging and fighting.
- After playing this game, you'll know your anthill from a hole in the ground.
PC MS-DOS 3.0
|Required CPU||AT 286|
Tandy 16 Color