Sidewinder (PC, 5 1/4" Disk) Arcadia - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Virgin Interactive Entertainment|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
An orgy of action and destruction!
Now Sidewinder, that high-energy shoot-em-up from the Arcades, is available for your computer at home!
Skillful programming has taken the superb graphics and addictive game play of this coin-op Arcade favorite, and faithfully reproduced it in home computer versions.
Fly your craft into alien Star Killer space cruiser, and destroy it before it destroys the sun!
Plot a path through the three-dimensional maze of the ship, flying through everything from hydroponics farm to the challenge of the command level itself.
Another great conversion from the Arcadia Super Select System of Arcade games.
All the features that make the Arcade game great:
- 1,094 Opponents to avoid or attack (for the player who can get through all the scenarios), including mobile ships and robots of various types, gun turrets, force fields and space cannons, to name just a few!
- 135 Screens of wonderfully detailed background graphics, in 6 scenarios!
- 3 Difficulty levels, to make it playable for beginners and challenging for Arcade experts.
- Arcade-quality animation, with superb explosions!
- Horizontal and vertical scrolling.
The only authorized version of the Arcade favorite!
PC MS-DOS 2.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Tandy 16 Color