Short Cuts (Apple II, 5 1/4" Disk) Penguin Software - 1983 USA, Canada Release
|Media||5 1/4" Disk|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
For fast, efficient programming.
Short Cuts is a utility that actually adds extra commands to Applesoft BASIC. It is easy to use, adds extra power to your programming, and best of all, it will save you a lot of time.
Short Cuts adds the extra commands to Applesoft by using the '&' command. It can be used with other programs that use '&', and it is compatible with most program editors.
- A fast, powerful, and versatile data sorting command can be used to sort strings, real numbers, or integer arrays as well as conveniently sort associated pointers to disk and data records.
User Input Commands
- Extensive error-checking during user input.
- Clear and understandable error messages generated at run-time.
- Ability to allow calculations during user input.
- Data integrity: Automatic rounding during input guarantees that the value entered during an input is equal to the value displayed.
- Ability to design non-destructive input screens: no scrolling and no Reenter?'s.
- Programmer defined criteria for determining the validity of input.
- Both built-in and programmer defined user error messages.
Quick and Easy Print Formatting
- X, Y cursor positioning.
- A simple form or print formatting, including left and right justify, and decimal positioning.
Extra Program-Flow Control
- Versatile program flow options allow the programmer to easily include "help" screens or any other subroutine and make them available to the user at input time without disturbing normal program control.
Compatibility and Ease of Use
- Coexists with almost every other Apple utility. There is no need to choose between Short Cuts and other favorite utility packages.
- Since it's from Penguin Software, it's also supplied on an unprotected disk for most convenient use.