Shadow Of The Comet (PC, CD-ROM) I-Motion - 1993 USA, Canada Release
Shadow Of The Comet
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
A call of Cthulhu adventure. The year is 1910. Bathed in pale spring sunlight, the small fishing village of Illsmouth is a sleepy New England town where time seems to stand still. Appearances can be very deceiving, however... Beneath the peaceful tranquillity of this small village, a horrifying truth lingers.
Whispers in a dusty, secluded library ripple with fear as questions of the past are brought into the present. Is there a link between the return of Halley's Comet and the resurgence of the Great Ancients who once dominated this land in a reign of terror? Legend tells tales of an ancient ritual ground, hidden deep in the shadows of the tangled forest, marked by an ornate and mysterious cross. Once, long ago, this site was the stage for wild and terrifying rites that no one dare speak of, lest they suffer the wrath of the ancients.
Why are the townspeople of Illsmouth struck by such shattering terror? Why are they drawn to the ancient ritual grounds after so many years? What has released this curse from it's deep sleep to play havoc upon the souls of innocent people?
The answers to these puzzles lie in the seven letters that have emerged from the darkness ...Cthulhu!
- You must embark on this journey as John T. Carter, a brilliant young astronomer.
- An ancient map holds clues to unlocking the secrets of Illsmouth.
- Confront your deepest fears in the horrors of the catacombs.
- Illsmouth, once tranquil, now seethes with evil and despair.
- The Great Ancients will stop at nothing to restore their empire of doom.
- Worshippers of the Ancients praise the return of Halley's Comet.
PC MS-DOS 5.0
|Supported Video||VGA 256 Color|