Secretary Bird, The (PC, 3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk) Software Toolworks - 1988 USA, Canada Release
Secretary Bird, The
|Media||3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk|
|Category(s)||Productivity, Office Suite|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
- Word Processor
- Spell Checker
- Database Filer
The perfect all-in-one program.
To: Les Crane, CEO
From: Walt Bilofsky, Senior Scientist and Project Manager RE: Back of The Secretary Bird package
Our design vision for The Secretary Bird was to create the easiest, most natural, all-in-one program ever.
Well... We've done it!
Now you've got to make sure customers quickly understand what makes this program better than anything yet.
The copy on the back of the package must emphasize:
- Simplicity- The use the program, all the user needs to know is how to press Escape, Arrow, and Enter.
Plus, just pressing the F1 key brings an instant on-screen explanation of the command or feature in question.
- Power- You told the "Bird Team" that you "wanted something that wouldn't let our customers down, something they could really grow into."
We took you at your word! So...
Even though the program is easy to use, we've still managed to cram in the "power features" of the most advanced software around.
We've hidden this power under the hood. It won't get in the way if the user doesn't want or need it. But when they do, this software's got everything:
- Very large files
- Word processor documents are as big as memory.
- The spreadsheet cell area is as large as Lotus 1-2-3.
- Filer databases as big as disk space.
- This is serious power!
- Information is completely transferable between programs.
- Easy merge printing of labels, envelopes and forms can use information from the Filer, Word Processor or other files.
- The spelling proofreader shows and edits spelling errors in-place.
- The spreadsheet offers more built-in functions than any comparable programs.
- A database report generator is included. It has column summary, total and average functions. Features like these are usually only found in expensive and complicated programs.
- P.S. Price...
Les, I really think you're making a mistake here. I know we were going for better and less expensive. But The Secretary Bird beats everything else around that sells for $200.00 or more. We think you're pricing it far too low at $59.95.
Nobody will believe it!
Well... What do you think? Can we get all this on the back of the package?
PC MS-DOS 2.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
|Req. Dual Drives||Yes|