Roadwar 2000 (Atari ST, 3 1/2" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1986 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
When highways become battlefields...
In the year 2000, bacteriological warfare has ripped apart the very fabric of American civilization. Cities have turned into gangland prizes; the highways, into battlefields.
You are the patriotic leader of a road gang who have been asked by what is left of the Federal Government to locate eight scientists. Return them to a secret underground lab so they can develop a vaccine to neutralize the deadly microbes.
As you crisscross the highways on your desperate mission, you must constantly battle mutants, cannibals, and rival road gangs. You can let the computer resolve combat quickly, or choose to personally direct the fighting in great tactical detail. Assign men to vehicles, move them around. Order your men to fire with guns or crossbows, ram or board enemy vehicles.
Roadwar 2000 is an exciting game or survival in a brutal land. Maximize your chances by fighting for new recruits, vehicles, supplies, food, gas, guns, ammunition, and medicine.
In the race to save the United States, these are more precious than gold.
- Cruise the highways in search of prey.
- Deploy for combat in an oil field.
- Battle a rival road gang in a city.
- Explore the Great Lakes region.
- Cross the deserts of Mexico.
- Visit once-beautiful Florida and the Bahamas.
- Recruit and lead a band of highwaymen through a post-holocaust U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Explore more than 120 cities and over 30 types of terrain.
- Trade, talk or fight with a wide assortment of people, gangsters and mutants.
- Choose abstract combat resolution or detailed tactical combat. Fire, ramming and boarding are realistically resolved using individual crewmen.
- Each of the up to 15 vehicles in your gang is rated individually in 24 categories; each crewman is rated for combat, survival and promotion.
Roadwar 2000 was designed by Jeffrey A. Johnson whose other SSI works include Six Gun Shootout and Nam.
Playing time: 50+ hours.
Art direction: Louis Hsu Saekow.
Illustration: Joseph Chiodo.