Questron II (PC, 3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk) Strategic Simulations, Inc. - 1988 USA, Canada Release
|Media||3 1/2" Disk and 5 1/4" Disk|
|Publisher(s)||Strategic Simulations, Inc.|
|Developer(s)||John and Charles Dougherty|
|Category(s)||Entertainment, Role Playing|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
Description from the packaging.
"The only way to destroy the Evil Book of Magic is to prevent it from ever being created!"
And with these words from Mesron, the Great Wizard, you realize the adventure you thought had ended in Questron has only just begun.
As Mesron begins his mystical incantation, you feel a darkness enveloping you, the air crackling with an unearthly sound. The very fabric of time and space has been ripped asunder!
Just as suddenly, the darkness recedes, and you hear Mesron's final thoughts:
"I have hurled you back to the distant past, to a time before the Evil Book of Magic has been created by the six Mad Sorcerers. Find them and prevent the consummation of their abominable deed!"
"Mankind's future rests on your success in the depths of the past."
Questron II offers an experience in fantasy gaming so awe-inspiring, it surpasses even its legendary predecessor! Its all-new, state-of-the-art graphics is nothing short of stunning. The beautiful visual presentation of the magical world- from the wilderness and towns to the countless characters and monsters- is truly breathtaking.
Explore the dungeons and see our crowning glory: They are shown as 3-D displays- fully rendered and animated. An overhead view is presented alongside to help you get your bearings.
It's been no easy task to outdo the first Questron. So we are proud to say:
"We've done it."
And you're reading about it.
It's the closest you can come to real fantasy.
- Questron II is set in a huge circumnavigable world within two continents.
- Travel by foot, llama, ship and eagle through forest, swamp, and across oceans.
- Haggle with merchants and play games of chance.
- Battle over 60 bizarre monsters, such as the Vipod, Mindless Drone, and the Shape Shifter.
- Explore castles, tombs, dungeons and cathedrals.
- Easy to learn! Command options are displayed on screen at all times.
Storyline and original design by John and Charles Dougherty.
Programming and additional design by Westwood Associates.
Playing time: 30 to 60 hours.
Art Director: Louis Hsu Saekow. Illustrator: Martin French.
PC MS-DOS 2.1
|Required CPU||XT 8088/8086|
Tandy 16 Color
Included in the Following Collection(s)
- Phantasie Bonus Edition (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Wizardworks (722242420018) - 1990 USA, Canada Release
- Phantasie Bonus Edition (PC, 3 1/2" Disk) Wizardworks (722242420155) - 1990 USA, Canada Release